We have just returned from a one night break to celebrate our wedding anniversary. We don't live far away and being familiar with the location had often thought about sampling the restaurant. It did not disappoint. We received a warm welcome on arrival, the room was small but more than adequate for a one night stay. Dinner was excellent, beautifully presented and tasty. Drinks were reasonably priced with lots of local selections of beer and cider, always good! Breakfast was lovely, a full cooked breakfast, toast, with homemade marmalade, a selection of cereals - and definitely no room for lunch! Thank you Francesca and Mark, we will definitely be back and will recommend The Waterwheel to our 'up country' family and friends.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Waterwheel is situated in a wooded valley beside a river. We offer bed and breakfast accommodation in our fourteen en-suite bedrooms. In the evenings guests can have a drink in the licensed bar and eat in the on-site elegant restaurant, or a 10 minute brisk walk will take them into St Austell town centre. There is a delightful terrace and garden to explore and an ancient well, Druid's chair and waterfall at the bottom of the garden. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Waterwheel Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Waterwheel Hotel St Austell
- The Waterwheel Inn Cornwall/St Austell