We were warmly welcomed by Mark, the owner. The room was spotless and warm. We were joined for our first evening meal by our family. The food was excellent and we spent a relaxed couple of hours together. The rest of our four day stay was very good. The breakfasts were huge but after the first morning we could not manage more than scrambled egg and bacon. Well presented and swift service.
The garden is a work in progress but is still atmospheric and romantic. Good luck with those laurels Francesca!!! We will return to see how the garden progresses. Well done to you both for running a delightful bed and breakfast with a superb restaurant.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Waterwheel is situated in a wooded valley beside a river. We offer bed and breakfast accommodation in our fourteen en-suite bedrooms. In the evenings guests can have a drink in the licensed bar and eat in the on-site elegant restaurant, or a 10 minute brisk walk will take them into St Austell town centre. There is a delightful terrace and garden to explore and an ancient well, Druid's chair and waterfall at the bottom of the garden. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, LateRooms and Agoda so you can book your The Waterwheel Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Waterwheel Hotel St Austell
- The Waterwheel Inn Cornwall/St Austell