This is an ideal place to stay if you are visiting the Eden Project or some of the many splendid Cornish gardens that are within a few miles. Four excellent hosts will greet you, two human, the world's friendliest labrador and one of the biggest cats I have ever seen!
This hotel is very pet friendly, provides good food (the full English breakfast will last you all day), evening meals are good, with a wide choice of meat and fish. The sole was superb.
The building itself has been very well restored and has many delightful features. Rooms are comfortable and the bed linen, so my wife tells me, is of very high quality. We will be going back.
Try it, you won't be disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Waterwheel is situated in a wooded valley beside a river. We offer bed and breakfast accommodation in our fourteen en-suite bedrooms. In the evenings guests can have a drink in the licensed bar and eat in the on-site elegant restaurant, or a 10 minute brisk walk will take them into St Austell town centre. There is a delightful terrace and garden to explore and an ancient well, Druid's chair and waterfall at the bottom of the garden. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Waterwheel Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Waterwheel Hotel St Austell
- The Waterwheel Inn Cornwall/St Austell