We don't usually stay in B&Bs but the Waterwheel is far more than a B&B. Fantastic location, beautiful building and gardens and exceptional owners. Francesca and Mark are delightful, friendly, chatty and interesting to chat with. Kernow, the black labrador, is friends with everyone. We stayed for 2 nights, had dinner on the first night and the food was excellent. Fresh, tasty, just the right amount of food. Breakfast was served in the conservatory overlooking their decking and garden - an ongoing project but still peaceful. Relaxed atmosphere, everyone chatted, very friendly. Great place to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Waterwheel is situated in a wooded valley beside a river. We offer bed and breakfast accommodation in our fourteen en-suite bedrooms. In the evenings guests can have a drink in the licensed bar and eat in the on-site elegant restaurant, or a 10 minute brisk walk will take them into St Austell town centre. There is a delightful terrace and garden to explore and an ancient well, Druid's chair and waterfall at the bottom of the garden. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Ebookers so you can book your The Waterwheel Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Waterwheel Hotel St Austell
- The Waterwheel Inn Cornwall/St Austell