“Enjoyable stay”

Ranked #44 of 97 St Austell B&B and Inns
Essex
“Enjoyable stay”
Reviewed 8 August 2010

My husband and I booked this hotel for a long weekend. We were very pleased with the accommodation. Everything was spotless. The restaurant food was excellent you have got to try the homemade pie (the chef has won awards for his pies). Very very reasonably priced. We eat there every night knowing we were going to enjoy the food. Made friends in the pub bar as everyone was very friendly. The two ladies who own the pub and hotel are lovely and made our stay very pleasant. Will be going back.l

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
London
Reviewed 27 April 2009

My room was clean no dog hair or fluff, every thing worked. The breakfast was great and evening meal lovely , prices good. Every one was friend and helpful which is nice when your travelling alone. Good location. Thanks had a great time.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled solo
sheffield
Reviewed 1 September 2008

I have to say I was very disappointed with our stay at the above B & B.
On arrival our room clearly had not been cleaned properly, the carpet was soiled with fluff, bits and dog hairs and the bathroom toiletries were half used... so my first thoughts were I wonder if the sheets had even been cleaned before the last guests departed!!
I dont tend to complain as I have worked in customer service, and I understand problems can arise and as I had 2 nights booked, I thought I would keep quiet and not cause a scene.
The owner who showed me my room seemed friendly enough until I pointed out that I could not lock my door!!!!
After some umm'ing and arr'ing and 'you tell her' comments (unprofessional!!) the two owners confessed my bedroom was a fire exit and therefore could not be locked at any point ! ! There were no other rooms available and therefore I was stuck with a room I could not lock... As the owners pointed out, it was all ok because I had a safe to lock up anything the size of a pencil case!! Hmmmm..
From this point one of the gents in charge developed a poor attitude, very frosty with me indeed which I think was most unacceptable. I decided against spending any of my hard earned cash in this pub and found a great pizza house opposite. Do yourselves a favour and stay at the premier inn a mile away!!

• Liked — The carpark
  • Disliked — Staff attitude and cleanliness - oh and the fire exit issues!
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with family