“Home away from home”

The Elms Guest House
Ranked #13 of 97 St Austell B&B and Inns
Reviewed 3 September 2013 via mobile

Bank holiday, struggling to find a room, found a nice private, single here, behind garage but worked well for me as very quiet. Host was exceedingly helpful as he was going out for the whole afternoon and evening and I didn't arrive till 6pm. He simply organised to leave the key for me!! Very trusting. Very comfortable and very reasonable price, excellent value :-)

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Sue H
There are newer reviews for The Elms Guest House

Reviewed 19 August 2013

I can easily recommend The Elms Guest House! It has a great location, parking onsite, a delicious breakfast, absolutely wonderful hosts and a very comfortable house. It is great for visiting the coast, the Eden Project, and The Lost Gardens of Heligan. I almost skipped the Eden Project but Peter was so passionate about it I just had to check it out. He was right, it was worth the stop an fascinating. Peter and Nuth were so kind and willing to help out in any way they could. I stayed in the annex room which is perfect for one person, especially if they are on the shorter side because the ceilings are quite low. I slept great and was very relaxed in this great little room. I would absolutely stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank ihavethewanders
Reviewed 24 February 2013

My partner and I stayed in the sweetbriar room over valentines day and thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

The room was lovely with a really comfortable bed. It felt warm and relaxing and a pleasure to come back to.

Peter and Nuth gave us great advice about attractions in the area as well as recommending excellent food for an evening meal, they also provided a delicious and generous breakfast each morning with a welcoming attitude.

All in all a very welcome break; we thouroughly enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Samantha S
Reviewed 10 September 2012

Only stayed for one night. I couldn't have asked for a better welcome or more friendly hosts.
The single annex room was very clean, comfortable and had everything you could wish for. ( the low ceiling wasn't a problem at all and I'm 6ft tall )
The breakfast was excellent.
I would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Don't be put off the annex in the converted garage, unless you are over 6'1". Its a ver...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank graymole
Reviewed 25 August 2012

Nuth and Peter made me feel very welcome. Keen to help with local knowledge and to ensure that one's stay is comfortable. Unless you are a very tall person, try the cosy, compact, self-contained 'garage' room - like having one's own little chalet! See the intriguing and restful 'oriental' front garden area, and splendid conservatory dining area.

Room Tip: If travelling solo, only choose the garage room if you are under 6 ft tall - your hosts will ask!
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank GreenMan47
Reviewed 22 August 2012

The perfect place for a stay in the heart of Cornwall. From the moment we walked through the front door we felt at home our hosts Peter & Nuth were fantastic very welcoming, friendly and extremely helpful what more could you want. My wife and I stayed in the Eden Suite which we loved it was very clean, had a very comfortable double bed and a large bathroom with an additional whirlpool bath (also shower over bath) and a bidet to boot. We particularly looked forward to going into the conservatory every morning to have our full Cornish breakfast which was superb and set us up for the day. Pete's recommendation of the Harbourside pub in Charlestown was spot on we ate there twice during our stay and couldn't fault the food. All in all the Elms is a lovely place to stay and very handy for the town of St Austell (10-15 min walk), The Eden Project (1/2 hour drive), Charlestown (10 min drive), Mevagissey (25 min drive) etc. Highly recommended will definitely return.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Alan4Lynne
Reviewed 18 August 2012

Very comfortable and clean. Peter and Nuth make you very welcome and are exceedingly helpful. Nothing is too much trouble. Excellent place to stay and offer a very good breakfast. We will return and will recommend this B&B to our friends. M&T

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends