“Lovely guesthouse”

Ranked #41 of 96 St Austell B&B and Inns
Whitby, United Kingdom
“Lovely guesthouse”
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Stayed at T'gallents for two nights in February. We were in the room with the four poster bed. The view of the ships and the harbour were great, the room was large and very clean. The bed was very comfortable and the en suite while small had everything you needed.

Breakfast had plenty of options including fruit, cereal and a full English. They even got veggie sausages in for me.

The staff were also friendly and thoughtful.

We will be staying here again!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
London
Reviewed 6 October 2013

We spent two nights at T'Gallants - our room might have been the smallest in the place (room 6 i believe, facing away from the sea) it was super small with a bathroom that was basically built in a closet - but you're not there to hang out in your room - so it does the job. Only negative otherwise was the bed was very soft - my husband didnt mind but it killed my back. Try to get a room facing the sea as those are 2x the size with a proper seating area - beautiful! we had total room envy! Breakfast was delish - small continental with hot breakfast cooked to order (what ever you want!) and good coffee. The breakfast area was spotless and really charming with a window overlooking the sea. Great home base for exploring Cornwall! The hosts could not have been nicer!

Room Tip: I think it was room 5 which was the largest (2nd floor) facing the sea. we were in 6 and it was tin...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 September 2013

Sadly, I could not recommend this highly enough. I say, sadly, because I want to be able to stay again regularly! I just do not want it to be too booked up. The owner and his sister were charming. We were staying for a family wedding which was marvellous and this excellent b and b was the icing on the cake!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Winchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 September 2013 via mobile

stayed here for just one night, lovely room very clean.
the bathroom was a neat little room within the bedroom.
The view was lovely over the harbour
The owner and his sister were very friendly and left you to your own devices
Breakfast was cooked to order and very good.
would definately stay again and would highly recommend.

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Doncaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 August 2013

Just got back from a 3 night stay at T'Gallants Guest House which we had booked 2 rooms, front facing with a harbour for my parents and the back double room for myself and my husband.

The guesthouse itself is lovely and situated in a prime position overlooking the harbour, my only major disappointment was the size of the ensuites which were the same size in both our rooms. This was a treat to my parents and at £85 per room is quite hight in comparision to other guesthouses in the area, I honestly did expect more than a "cupboard" for an ensuite and what suprises me is this is hardly mentioned in anyone elses reviews!

This is the first review I have ever written but felt it is worth pointing this out to other potential guests as I wish I had known.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Joanne R
Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 August 2013

Stayed 4 days in August 2013, here's all you need to know.....
Location - perfect, on the harbour but away from the 'busy' end. Great base to explore from.
Breakfast - top quality ingredients served in a relaxed atmosphere.
Hosts - very friendly and helpful.
Rooms - Clean, quiet and comfortable.
Facilities - Digital TV, easy parking, free wi-fi.

So glad we stayed here, really made our holiday.

Room Tip: Not a dealbreaker, but worth getting a view over the harbour if you can.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Napier, New Zealand
Reviewed 27 July 2013

We stayed here for three nights in May. Great position in the small fishing village of Charlestown. Very close to many tourist activities in the area. We visited several of the well known gardens while staying at this guesthouse. Our room was a twin room with a delightful harbour view. This room was small and the bathroom was very tiny! No problems regarding noise, very quiet. The room was spotlessly clean and the beds comfy. Good breakfast, selection of cereals and fruits plus a cooked breakfast if desired.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
#9 of 9 in St Austell
Great Western Hotel
Great Western Hotel
#13 of 37 in Newquay

Been to T'Gallants Guest House? Share your experiences!