We were a party of 4, booked into Cornwall Hotel Spa & Estate for their advertised 'Garden Weekend'.
Disappointments were dished out in bucket full even before we arrived.
1) We were charged more than was advertised as we were informed by the booking clerk at the hotel that all standard rooms were booked out, thus we were given the bigger room at extra cost to us.
2) We travelled and booked as a party of 2 couples, but were given rooms on different floors and different section of the hotel.
3) Our rooms were stuffy even when we turned off the heater in the room. We had to keep our balcony doors open all night to get any sleep. My husband and I were on the first floor, so I was extra anxious of security risk during the night, hence slept badly.
4) The lighting in the rooms were extremely poor. Despite turning on all available lights in the rooms, we could not see to read our newspaper or information leaflets or room service menu. My girl friend and I could not see to put our make up on!
5) As with all hotels, the option of clean towels were given. We chose to have clean towels but no clean towels were replaced. Instead, we suspected that our wet used towels were simply folded up and hung back on the towel rail.
6)The hotel advertised fine dinning in their dinning room but this was not available to us as the hotel was also having a 'Gourmet' weekend, on the same weekend as our 'Garden' weekend. We were told we could eat at the bar with the same menu but charged at the normal rate of fine dinning! We declined.
7) The spa advertised 'booking appointment to suit you'. I booked in for a facial but was kept waiting in a lonely passage for 20 minutes. I was informed by reception that all therapists were busy. So, question asked, why gave me an appointment if they were all too busy? No response was given of course. Oh, I had to authorised payment before my treatment too. I did ensure that I was not charged when checking out.
8) You may asked, did we not raised these concerns whilst there? Well yes, but the response, ' we are very busy'.
We did tell the hotel that we were be going back again. Not that they care as 'they were too busy'.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relax, unwind and rejuvenate in the luxurious surroundings of The Cornwall Hotel, Spa & Estate; an exquisite 4* hotel & spa set in 43 acres of tranquil, wooded parkland in St Austell. Just a breath away from many of Cornwall’s most popular sandy beaches and attractions; The Cornwall Hotel is the perfect base to explore the best of Cornwall. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers and Cancelon so you can book your The Cornwall Hotel, Spa & Estate reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cornwall Hotel, Spa & Estate St Austell