Stayed for a weekend break with my partner and we were extremely pleased with our choice.
We stayed in a woodland room and considered it to be larger than the photos suggest, all brand new and stylishly decorated, giant bathrooms, and a good size balcony/patio too.
Breakfast buffet each day was superb and dinner in the bistro was tasty with good portions, although a little pricey for wine. All staff members were polite and welcoming and a credit to the company.
The spa and pool are worth a visit, even if just for a casual swim. The grounds are good and the hotel bar/terrace is sunny and comfortable, with nice views over the grounds.
The hotel is conveniently located for much of SE Cornwall and there are some lovely fishing villages nearby as well as the Eden Project.
We got fed up looking at typical tired British "hall" hotels and wanted something modern but charming and we got just that. Would stay again for sure!
- If staying in hotter months, the rooms are SE facing so get warm, if you don't close the curtains through the day! If you prefer to leave the patio door open overnight, and are worried about security, ask for an upstairs room
- At checkout, we were asked to pay in full - despite paying through Lastminute upfront! Upon checking, this was resolved. No idea what caused that, but take proof of payment with you if not booking directly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relax, unwind and rejuvenate in the luxurious surroundings of The Cornwall Hotel, Spa & Estate; an exquisite 4* hotel & spa set in 43 acres of tranquil, wooded parkland in St Austell. Just a breath away from many of Cornwall’s most popular sandy beaches and attractions; The Cornwall Hotel is the perfect base to explore the best of Cornwall. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Agoda, Expedia, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Cancelon, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Cornwall Hotel, Spa & Estate reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cornwall Hotel, Spa & Estate St Austell