“Best Indian food in the area”

Eastern Paradise Indian Restaurant
Ranked #30 of 153 Restaurants in St Austell
Price range: US$0 - US$13
Cuisines: Indian, Bangladeshi
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: We are a small family run business established in 1996. Our emphasis is always on freshly cooked quality cuisines. We have a very extensive takeaway and dining in Indian food from the many regions of India and Bangladesh. These dishes are from the sources of true Indian and Bangladeshi food - the gourmet homes, the fine Indian maharaja's palaces and the streets of the regions, prepared by our chef who has over 30 years' experience. As well as proving traditional dishes our unique Chef special dishes cater for both beginner and veterans of curry lovers. We use freshly herbs and spices to ensure best possible taste for any dish.We always provide you with the highest, quality Indian and Bangladesh cuisine. We are a restaurant, takeaway collection and delivery. We also cater for small or large parties, wedding functions and other occasions that require catering services. It is not always necessery to book to dine in our restaurant. Our dishes include: chicken, lamb, duck, prawns, king prawn and vegetable. Majority of Indian cooking is designed for vegetarians as most Indians do not eat meat due to religious and cultural reasons. We can assure you all of our vegetarian dishes are suitable for all vegetarians and has no traces of meat. Both our dining in and takeaway dishes should always be to your satisfaction and if this is not the case then please do not hesitate to contact us and let us know. You are the forefront of all our decision making process and we thrive on your constructive comments, feedback and criticisms. Please do not hesitate to contact us. The spiciness and heat level of our curries are turned down to meet local market. If you would like your dish to be extra spicy, hot or mild please let us know. We will produce the dish specific to your own taste. We have various offers and promotions throughout the week and we have loyalty schemes for our repeat customers which gives discounts on both dining in and takeaway. Please look through our special offer pages for further information. All of our dishes are cooked to order and can sometimes take more time than anticipated therefore your patience is always appreciated.
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Recently had a fabulous meal with a large party - great tasting food, really good service and very reasonable (buffet for £12.95 on a Sun). Still the best Indian food in St Austell and regularly travel there for our take aways :)

1  Thank Nicky036

Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

I found the restaurant as I was visiting my father in hospital. Tried the mixed kebab, tandoori duck, lamb korma, fried rice, chapati and one fried popadom. At least that is what I ordered and paid for. Delivery was just under an hour and have the delivery guy a £5 tip for a £25 meal. When got to the room there was no cutlery, plate, napkins etc. I phoned delivery guy back and he said company policy does not permit them to send those items or drinks for take away! I have eaten Indian take away in five continents and never been told sorry no utensils or napkins with our delivery! How idiotic and stupid can a take away be! I asked if I was meant to eat with my fingers or what. He said he had a plastic fork in his car and could turn around. Told him that this was stupid. The nurse's aide was able to help me to find something to eat with! The mixed kebab was good, chicken a bit tough but rest was good. The tandoori duck was excellent. The lamb korma was tasty but the meat had been reheated and was thus chewy. The fried rice was a bit tasteless with just plain yellow rice with a few bits of onions. The chapati was floury and chewy and tasteless and was stone cold by the time it got to me and it was the first thing I tried. The plain popadom was never delivered and must have been forgotten. The duck tandoori was the best part of the meal.
In general the company needs to review their delivery procedures.
This could easily have been a four or five star take away but by being cheap on napkins etc has made me feel like they were really being cheap.
Indian food can be very delicious and the food was good, very mild on seasoning. I would not recommend this place for take away but for eating in situ it may be a lot better.
I hope this review has been helpful for you.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Not knowing st austell we came across eastern paradise very lucky to get a table extremely busy both as takeaway and restaurant
Excellent service and the specials were worth trying overall a really good meal in a buzzing resturant would return without hesitation

Reviewed 30 June 2014

We eat here twice during our weeks stay in the area. There are some offers on during the week. Food is excellent and a lot of choice.Would recommend you try the chef specials. Free parking outside.

1  Thank Thisisus
Reviewed 25 June 2014

The meal was of excellent quality and flavors and a wide selection. We ate their twice it was so good.

2  Thank Chris-9153