“Food Great but such a Long Wait!”
Review of Frankie & Benny's

Frankie & Benny's
Ranked #78 of 153 Restaurants in St Austell
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 16 March 2014

I have been to Frankie & Benny's in St Austell numerous times, but today was not a good visit unfortunately! We arrived for breakfast just before 10am and there were only 3 other tables full with people who had already ordered or who had already eaten. There was just 1 waitress working which for the number of people in the place should have been fine, however shortly after we sat down, a few more tables started filling up. We placed our drinks order as soon as we got in, and 15mins later the drinks were served - we had hoped that then our breakfast order would be taken, however the waitress put the drinks down and walked off! A further 15mins later (after 3 tables that had come in after us had ordered their food) our order was taken! Our food eventually arrived 1hr 10mins after we arrived - not really impressed being that the place wasn't busy. The food is always good and it was today, but the service was really quite poor and clear that they are short staffed. Hopefully this will be put right - the manager kindly gave us a discount due to the length of time we had to wait and sincerely apologised. We will be going back - but if you visit, check that there are enough staff working before you commit.

Reviewed 2 March 2014

The food is typical Frankie and bennies food which we like. The manager on the night is a lively character and we felt the service was excellent-it's down the people and they did well.

Reviewed 21 February 2014

Me and a friend go into this restaurant and were told to wait for a table. About 5/10 mins later we were seated which was fine, however what wasn't fine is that we were surrounded by messy uncleared tables the whole time (clearly under staffed) . We then ordered and I had got the 'refill' drink which sounds good however if you don't want to wait for 15 mins each time then don't choose to get it. I found this very annoying. We then had our courses given to us one after the other without really having a break in between (though the food was very nice) . We then asked for the bill where I asked our waiter if I could use the voucher I had which was perfectly acceptable to use where he answered back 'I suppose, you had like 10 fantas! (As in fact I had three and who cares it suppose to had been unlimited refills thank you very much!) and gave me the discount providing I give him a good review. Well this is it. Then as we were discussing the bill he was there waiting for us basically rushing us which I found very rude and intimidating. Overall the service was crap but the food and deals itself is very good!

Reviewed 19 February 2014

For several years Frankie and Benny's restaurants have been the place for going out to dinner with my boyfriend. The st Austell branch is the best by far! Excellent food and variety but must importantly the service is incredible! Everyone there is polite and helpful but James and Gareth are funny, helpful and take a real interest in customers. We are regular customers purely for their service! Thank you for always working so well, other branches are not the same as you!

1  Thank Eulaliacornwall
Reviewed 18 February 2014 via mobile

We went here on my sons birthday,the staff were brilliant and made him feel very special he loved it when everyone sang happy birthday to him.there was a great atmosphere perfect for a celebration.the food was good we all had a lovely time.thank-you