“Attention to detail”

Price range: US$7 - US$21
Cuisines: European
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: An informal bistro style dining experience on the outskirts of St austell, serving amazingly fresh local fish & shell fish, meltingly tender Cornish steaks and interesting European dishes. We look forward to welcoming you...
Reviewed 21 November 2013

When visiting Cornwall we have come to love this restaurant for an evening meal. Excellent food without the price tag. Staff are great as is the setting decor etc.
So I was very surprised to be given mustard in the "Colemans" jar and to see bottles of tomato sauce and brown sauce being handed out. Picky this may seem but it just detracts from the quality of the surroundings and the food.
PS you might like to try Taylors mustard and horseradish sauce they are the best!

Reviewed 8 November 2013

It was my bithday,had a very nice evening,friendly staff,food very enjoyable.Comfort all round.first visit,would go again.

Reviewed 5 November 2013

This is our fourth or fifth visit in the past six months- definitely a favourite!
The service is excellent, staff friendly and welcoming. I think this restaurant is definitely reserved for "something a bit special" without the price tag!!
Have not had a bad meal yet! But would highly recommend....
1. The salt and pepper squid (starter) -it's to die for!
2. The fillet steak! -omg... The flavour!

Reviewed 4 November 2013

My wife and I got a night out during our holiday in Cornwall: courtesy of the in-laws minding the kids

We spirited ourselves out for a dinner at Kingswood, as all the locals said it was the best around.

The locals are not biased, the whole place is amazing. There's a varied menu which covers many bases. My wife is gluten-intolerant, but the staff were very considerate, confirming with the kitchen which dishes were appropriate.

I had the Surf 'n' Turf special with steak, and was very impressed with the quality of the steak.

My wife loved her prawn cocktail and mains. The ice-cream deserts were exceptional.

1  Thank RobertReviewer
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Maybe this should be titled, "Stick to your first choice". You go along in a group, select something, then some one else picks the same thing, so you change your mind. First though, the Entree, starter, or whatever it is called here was absolutely brilliant. I choice the Mussels from Foy (sounds like that but different spelling) which is just the other side of St Austell Bay. They were in a white wine and cream sauce, brilliant. They we're pluck and juicy, and the sauce, more like soup, was just finger licking (and I did!) good. They weren't very expensive, and I had at least two, maybe three dozen. For my main course, I was going to get a Moroccon style couscous, but someone else ordered it first, so I went for the burger. It was very good, tasty meat patty, nice salad, but I didn't like the chips. They looked good, hand cut and cooked in house I think, but a little greasy for me. Had a taste of the couscous, damn, wish I had stuck with my first choice, great flavor and not watery or soggy like some places do it. Good service,, and drinks reasonably priced. Worth a visit if in the area.