“Fantastic-bear grylls in Cornwall !”

Footsteps of Discovery
Ranked #17 of 50 things to do in St Austell
Reviewed 30 October 2011

We had 2 hours with these guys whilst staying at the Sands Resort in Newquay and my 8 and 9 year old loved it but I think my husband enjoyed it just as much if not more !! ;-)
They are interesting and informative as well as fun and entertaining and if I hadn't had a massage booked at the hotel I would have stayed for the 2 hours myself. It's a very interactive presentation - the highlight of which was the firelighting by various different methods. Boys and girls will equally love these "cool" adventurers and I would highly recommend their services. Go for it !

2  Thank TheSCPotters
All reviews
"bear grylls"
in 7 reviews
in 4 reviews
in 5 reviews

Reviewed 1 September 2011

Footsteps of Discovery run survival training courses, and although a lot of their work is for youth groups the family "taster" day is fantastic. With two boys - aged 8 and 11 - you can't go wrong with a day like this. They loved the amazing camp and learnt a lot of new skills, including actually starting a fire by rubbing two sticks together! Even the grandparents - who are in their seventies - had a fun time.
The instructor KP was very entertaining and got on fabulously with our boys. If you want to do something a little different during your holiday in Cornwall, you can't do much better than a survival skills day.

4  Thank MikeMaynard