“Lovely hotel”

Boscundle Manor Hotel Restaurant and Spa
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in St Austell
Reviewed 10 November 2013

We stayed for 1 night on a tour of the West Country. We chose this hotel based upon Trip Advisor reviews and because it suited our plans being very close to the Eden Project. Our room was in the main building which is the best place to be rather than in one of the buildings in the grounds. It was very clean and well appointed. The meal we had in the restaurant was something close to Michelin Star quality. I have no hesitation recommending it.

Room Tip: Rooms in the main building are best or you may have to walk back after dinner through dark gardens i...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 7 November 2013

I was given a voucher for a facial (my first ever) so cannot comment on any other aspect of Boscundle Manor, except to say that the grounds and building are wonderful, and the staff I met fantastic - so welcoming and friendly !
Vicky, who did my facial is a star, and not only very good at her job but also a lovely warm bubbly person who made me feel so special. It was a real treat for me and I'll go back for another as soon as I can afford it.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 November 2013

The hotel looked lovely on the pictures we had seen and was no different when we arrived ! Beautiful grounds and it was the same all the way through ! It was very warm and cosy and all the staff were helpful regardless of their role! We were made to feel at home , the room we stayed in was lovely 'Anne room' and the swimming pool and hot tub were amazing ! Was so relaxing to sit under the stars on a freezing cold night in a beautiful warm hot tub ! Very impressed and would defiantly recommend to others

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CharlC1803
Reviewed 4 November 2013

we stayed for 1 night, 2 adults, 3 kids, one of whom is in a wheelchair. Yes, slightly difficult as disabled access poor, but had already discussed this with hotel so no shock. They did however bend over backwards to make our stay easy. They let us dine in our room, and the food was amazing, and they blended breakfast up for my son with no fuss. We loved it and would stay again. The bed mattress was perfect, unlike some hotels ive stayed in, and the room was clean, however I was worried about my kids ruining it!

Room Tip: the Rebecca has a 4 poster and private garden
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank mummymania
Reviewed 3 November 2013

My daughter was married at Boscundle last year. The Manor is a lovely wedding venue and Sharon and David made our weekend memorable, arranging and organising the day to make it perfect.
The evening went so fast but as a family we enjoyed dancing and having fun and had a wonderful breakfast together before ending a great weekend.
Photographs were beautiful and I have arranged for my daughter and husband to revisit this year as an anniversary treat

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank Kimmcox
Reviewed 29 October 2013

Our first visit to Boscundle Manor and we were very impressed and enjoyed a thoroughly relaxing 2 night stay with our 5 year old boy. We stayed Sunday to Tuesday. From the moment we arrived we felt at home, Sharon was very welcoming and helpful and we just knew that nothing was too much trouble. We had arrived early and were offered a refreshment straight away. Our room wasn't ready so were given some ideas of where to go for lunch which were excellent.
Our room (Scarlet) was better than we imagine, spacious, cosy and clean. They had the sofa bed made up for our son with a Pirate Snuggle bag - he loved it
The pool facilities were fantastic and we spent many hours in there. The Spa was superb and we both had treatments which were excellent, again a very professional and welcoming service and the treatments were some of the best we have had.
Food was amazing both at breakfst and dinner. Breakfast the staff were attentive and delivered freshly made toast and cooked breakfast as well as as much tea/Coffee
At dinner you were able to choose from their 3 menu's in the relaxing surroudings of the lounge or bar - once ordered you were bought canapes before going through for dinner in the superb dinning room. Food and service again excellent.
The staff, surroundings and just the feel of this beautiful manor house make it such a relaxing and homely stay - thank you Sharon and David

Room Tip: We had Scarlet which is great for couple and familes
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank MadMaxi
Reviewed 25 October 2013

I stayed in this hotel for my birthday last year, and after a terrible experience in the hotel i went to for my birthday this year, i cannot praise this hotel enough and wish we had gone back.

We stayed for 3 nights, and becuase the hotel was quite quiet we were ungraded to the most beautiful room, i would have been happy in the room was orginally ment to have but this extra bit of service just made me smile!

Even though we were the only guests in the hotel one night, they still provided us with a full buffet for breakfast and an excellent choice of cooked breakfasts. The smoked salmon with divine! This is the type of service that makes you want to go back.

the swimming pool, the hot tub, the loungers, the towels everything about this was perfect and me and my partner had such a lovely time.

Thank you for a wonderful stay and we will be back next year for my birthday :-)

Room Tip: The rooms are all individual and amazing! its soo hard to choose which one you want!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
The White Hart
The White Hart
#4 of 9 in St Austell
The Headland Hotel & Spa - Newquay

Been to Boscundle Manor Hotel Restaurant and Spa? Share your experiences!