The Carlyon Bay
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$176
US$168
US$182
US$176
Travelocity
The White Hart(St Austell)
US$154
US$149
US$88
Travelodge
  • Restaurant
Premier Inn St. Austell Hotel(St Austell)(Great Value!)
US$96
PremierInn.com
US$196
US$191
Hotels.com
US$194
No availability for your dates from our partners
1,673 results
All reviewsgolf coursebrend hotelsgolf clubgolf breakbrend groupround of golfsea viewmain restaurantindoor and outdoor poolspitch and puttthe clifflounge barlovely hotelwine listtennis courtsevening entertainmentdeluxe room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Firstly let me start by saying that I did not stay overnight at the hotel. I am writing a review of the Spa and the facilities I used. I arrived here on a Saturday for a Spa Day, expecting to be able to chill out and relax for the whole day. It was a chill and cloudy day outside and was most disappointed to discover that there were only 3 beds around the pool, all of which were occupied. So I was unable to lie down and instead was consigned to sitting in a chair to read my book and relax. This was no good at all.
When it was time for my treatment I went into the room with the lady and wasted at least 5 minutes of my 30 minute slot asking me questions I had already answered on the questionnaire I filled in at check in. The massage was, however, very good and I completely relaxed and felt much better afterwards.
We had lunch in the Spa Bar. This was a long, slow affair. The waitress took ages to take our order, didn't know the answer to several of our questions and had to go away and find out, and then the food took ages to arrive. It was very tasty when it did.
In the afternoon the sun finally arrived and I was able to spend time by the outdoor pool which did have plenty of beds. These were comfortable and I enjoyed this part of the day. Both pools were clean and warm.
When it came time to leave I went to pay and discovered that there were no facilities for payment by card at the Spa and was marched through the hotel in my robe to pay at the front desk. Whilst this did not bother me greatly, it was inconvenient and may have disturbed and embarrassed other people. And in this day and age - why not have card payment facilities!? The other majorly disappointing this was the changing room. It had one toilet and one shower. Rubbish.
Although the treatment, the food and the pools were very good, and I did leave feeling better than I arrived, overall this was a disappointment where little things detracted from all the good things and dampened the whole experience.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank devongirlie67
BrendHotels, Guest Relations Manager at The Carlyon Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Thank you for your review of your recent spa day, i was pleased to hear that you enjoyed the pool areas and your massage which left you feeling completely relaxed, i was also very happy to hear you had enjoyed your lunch in our spa bar too. However some of the points raised in your review have been looked into.
To start with, the credit card payment, we do have this facility at the spa unfortunately on the day in question there had been a fault on the line, so we do apologise for the inconvenience this may have caused you, we are also looking at replacing the units to prevent this happening again.
With regards to the loungers we have now purchased extra loungers as you had pointed out you felt there were not enough and you did not want to make use of the alternative seating we have available at the pool.
Your feedback is an essential part of our customer service development here at the Carlyon Bay Hotel. So once again thank you for taking the time to leave your comments. We do hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

It was a fleeting visit...just 2 nights...but enough of a "taster" to want to come back for a longer stay. Staff very attentive and obliging. We tapped into the half board package which represented very good value. Good choice at dinner - all freshly cooked. Generous breakfast. Lots to do and see in the area but only had time for Charlestown, Fowey and the beach at Menabilly ( a mile walk but well worth it...no-one else there!)

Room Tip: If you can, go for a sea view room.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sean B

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel, what lovely feedback. We were very happy to hear that your already thinking of your next stay with us (longer stay at that.) Your comments regarding the very attentive and obliging staff will be passed onto the team. Once again thank you for your feedback and we will look forward to welcoming you back for a future stay.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

excellent hotel if you have kids, like to relax and play golf. the service was excellent . has a private beach which is nice. it was quite easy to travel around and see local attractions. will definitely go back

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for your fantastic comments, we were very pleased you were able to enjoy the hotel as a family, the family packages we have available in the school holiday periods are there to try to ensure parents still find the time to relax in the spa or enjoy a round of golf. We were pleased to hear that this was the case for you. We will look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Such a lovely place to just chill out especially if going abroad isn't an option, just wish I could have stayed longer!!
Hotel is immaculate inside and out as is the golf course and clubhouse.
All food from breakfast to lunch to dinner is delicious and there's lots to choose from.
Staff in both the Hotel and Golf club are polite and helpful.
The views around the golf course are not to be missed, so if you do not play golf i highly recommend the coastal path walk.
They also have the best ladies golf shop, soon to be online!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your review, your comments with regards to the hotel being immaculate both inside and out are very pleasing to hear. We were delighted to hear you were able to make use of a variety of facilities including our golf course and Club House. Our Ladies Boutique does prove to be very popular with our female golfers and we hope to have this response once the new retail site is launched. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again soon.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Our group of 12 had a great 3 night break with golf on a testing course in excellent condition, the quality of the accommodation and food was very good with plenty of choices. Every member of staff we encountered was very polite, helpful and nothing was too much trouble they all made the break enjoyable and very relaxing. The hotel and golf facilities are second to none so even if you are not a golfer I would highly recommend this hotel as the location and views are outstanding, especially if you have a room with sea facing views like I had.

Room Tip: Get a room with a sea view
Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments, it is very rewarding to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We were pleased to hear you felt the golf was testing and the course was in excellent condition, i know our team of Green Keepers work very hard maintaining the course all year round. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel for a future golfing break.