“Good value stay and helpful owner” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bedford House B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in St Austell
Bedford House B&B
Ranked #91 of 98 St Austell B&B and Inns
devon
“Good value stay and helpful owner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2013

I booked a single room and when I arrived found I had been given a spacious twin room with a decent sized bathroom and a conservatory area off it, which was had comfortable sofas in it to relax on. Everything was clean, tidy and well looked after. I had to leave before breakfast was served in the morning, but Richard showed me where everything was so I could help myself to cereal, yoghurt, fruit etc and very kindly, as I was heading off to do a charity bike ride, made me some hard boiled eggs to take with me. I thought it was very good value for the room and I would stay here again if I was in the area.

Room Tip: I had a room at the back of the house and it was very quiet
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Somerset, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2013

We were a little disconcerted upon arrival to find that the owner, Richard, wasn't there! We had his mobile number, however, and he arrived shortly after we rang, giving us a warm and friendly welcome. Our first impressions on entering the house was that it was well appointed and welcoming, and we were very pleased with our room, which was comfortable, spacious and decorated to a good standard - very attractive. En-suite shower room was also of a good standard and the beds were comfortable. There was also a sofa on which to relax when reading or watching TV. As well as a TV, a tea/coffee making facility and hair dryer were also provided, plus some toiletries. Although the days were sunny and bright, temperatures at night dropped to almost freezing, but the heating was more than adequate, plus there was plenty of hot water for showering. Substantial breakfast provided: a variety of cereals, fresh fruit, yogurts, full English, plus toast, orange juice, tea or coffee. The B&B is well located for trips to all the well-known local attractions: Eden Project, Charlestown, Mevagissey, to name a few. Don't forget, this is a B&B and not a hotel and should not be compared to a hotel (although it's a lot better than some hotels I've stayed in!). We rather enjoyed the personal touch, instead of the anonymity of a larger establishment, and we would have no hesitation in returning to Bedford House.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
London
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2013

I booked this accommodation for 3 adults for 2 nights and 11 days later I received an email stating that the B&B was no longer available ... 4 days before we were due to travel! Perhaps this was a breakdown in communication between Trip Advisor and the guest house, however, from our perspective, this was truly appalling customer service.

Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Naomi72

Travellers are raving about these St Austell hotels

Stourport-on-Severn, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2013

Poor signposting for the B&B then the phone numbers did not work to get in, the heating was not switched on and the bedding was insufficient to make up for the lack of heating,3 of the 5 lights in the room had blown bulbs, the TV did not work properly and the breakfast was not what i would have expected from a B& B OF THIS STAR CLASS.
we will not be using them again on our now frequent trips to Cornwall to see family

Room Tip: Use another B&B
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2013

Friendly owner Richard gave us a warm welcome on arrival and recommended nice restaurant nearby. Room is spacious and beautiful. Clean and quite. We travelled with a 9 month old baby and she slept soundly at night. Definitely value for money!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Khai T
Truro
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2012

Richard, the owner, kindly upgraded my room and carried my bag upstairs for me when I arrived.

He made sure that I knew where everything was and offered me an ironing board and hairdryer.

The room itself was lovely; a twin, en-suite with sofa/tv area. It was very clean and comfortable.

Previous reviews have stated that there were no toiletries, but I did have some in my room (although I chose to bring, and use, my own) so perhaps the owner has changed the policy on this.

WIFI is available for a small fee through BT (£3.50 for an hour or £5 for a day). This was a pleasant surprise as I wasn't expecting to have internet access.

There's plenty of off-road parking in the lane outside.

Conveniently located for St Austell and attractions such as Eden.

I slept really well, which is rare for me in B&B accommodation.

Thank you for a lovely stay.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
Exeter, UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2012

I had a pleasant stay here when staying the night when attending my works christmas do in St Austell 2012. I booked a single room with shared bathroom for £30 inc breakfast. I was upgraded to a comfortable warm double with ensuite shower and breakfast. Quiet room. Lovely view over large back garden. Residential area, set well back from a slightly busy road. 10 mins walk to St Austell town. New Owner (the son) making good positive changes from his father who used to run it as Acorn Villas. Large sturdy house with wide corridors. Contemporary dining room with views over garden. Plentiful breakfast inc cereal, toast, orange juice, tea/coffee and an average fried breakfast (I won't complain because of price). Owner lent me an iron and ironing board. Also have hairdryer in room. Also coffee and tea making facilities in room. Soap was in a little tube - bring your own if you like expensive soap. When arrive you may have to phone owner who arrives in 5-10mins. (didn't bother me). Good parking.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled solo