“wonderful B & B in st.austell”
Review of Bedford House B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in St Austell
Bedford House B&B
Ranked #90 of 96 St Austell B&B and Inns
Oxford, United Kingdom
“wonderful B & B in st.austell”
Reviewed 23 July 2013

comfort, cleanliness and a very caring host. Thank you for a wonderful stay and the most comfortable beds and lovely spacious rooms. obviously a lot of hard work has gone into the décor of each room - it was a very restful stay

Room Tip: ask for a room at the back of house - it is quieter.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Harlington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 June 2013

The room was great along with the ensuite- it was much better than a big hotel. The breakfast was yummy with a wide selection of cereal- i loved the sausage!
The owner was very welcoming and helpful and we enjoyed our stay at the b and b.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
devon
Reviewed 13 June 2013

I booked a single room and when I arrived found I had been given a spacious twin room with a decent sized bathroom and a conservatory area off it, which was had comfortable sofas in it to relax on. Everything was clean, tidy and well looked after. I had to leave before breakfast was served in the morning, but Richard showed me where everything was so I could help myself to cereal, yoghurt, fruit etc and very kindly, as I was heading off to do a charity bike ride, made me some hard boiled eggs to take with me. I thought it was very good value for the room and I would stay here again if I was in the area.

Room Tip: I had a room at the back of the house and it was very quiet
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
Somerset, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 May 2013

We were a little disconcerted upon arrival to find that the owner, Richard, wasn't there! We had his mobile number, however, and he arrived shortly after we rang, giving us a warm and friendly welcome. Our first impressions on entering the house was that it was well appointed and welcoming, and we were very pleased with our room, which was comfortable, spacious and decorated to a good standard - very attractive. En-suite shower room was also of a good standard and the beds were comfortable. There was also a sofa on which to relax when reading or watching TV. As well as a TV, a tea/coffee making facility and hair dryer were also provided, plus some toiletries. Although the days were sunny and bright, temperatures at night dropped to almost freezing, but the heating was more than adequate, plus there was plenty of hot water for showering. Substantial breakfast provided: a variety of cereals, fresh fruit, yogurts, full English, plus toast, orange juice, tea or coffee. The B&B is well located for trips to all the well-known local attractions: Eden Project, Charlestown, Mevagissey, to name a few. Don't forget, this is a B&B and not a hotel and should not be compared to a hotel (although it's a lot better than some hotels I've stayed in!). We rather enjoyed the personal touch, instead of the anonymity of a larger establishment, and we would have no hesitation in returning to Bedford House.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
London
Reviewed 13 May 2013

I booked this accommodation for 3 adults for 2 nights and 11 days later I received an email stating that the B&B was no longer available ... 4 days before we were due to travel! Perhaps this was a breakdown in communication between Trip Advisor and the guest house, however, from our perspective, this was truly appalling customer service.

Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Naomi72

Travellers are raving about these St Austell hotels

Stourport-on-Severn, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 March 2013

Poor signposting for the B&B then the phone numbers did not work to get in, the heating was not switched on and the bedding was insufficient to make up for the lack of heating,3 of the 5 lights in the room had blown bulbs, the TV did not work properly and the breakfast was not what i would have expected from a B& B OF THIS STAR CLASS.
we will not be using them again on our now frequent trips to Cornwall to see family

Room Tip: Use another B&B
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 March 2013

Friendly owner Richard gave us a warm welcome on arrival and recommended nice restaurant nearby. Room is spacious and beautiful. Clean and quite. We travelled with a 9 month old baby and she slept soundly at night. Definitely value for money!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family