“Terrible service”
Review of Cafe Tengo

Cafe Tengo
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Awful service. Cafe wasn't busy in the slightest - about 4 tables being occupied. I ordered 2 sandwiches and a salad, 2 bottles of water and a cappuccino. Took 45 minutes for drinks to arrive and about 1 hour 15 minutes for 2 sandwiches!! After about an hour and a half my salad still hadn't arrived and had to pick niece and nephew up from school. Was a nightmare trying to get my money back from the waitress for the salad that hadn't arrived - the waitress half heartedly giggled 'oh yeah, I forgot'. Didn't know how to refund the money back onto my card so gave me cash and proceeded to short change me. No apology. Not happy at all.

1  Thank Megan B
There are newer reviews for Cafe Tengo

Reviewed 20 August 2013

I work in the town and the food is excellent also well priced for the quality. I am a vegetarian and they have a home made veggie burger that is phenomenal. Would recommend highly as the new owners have really turned round this cafe to produce a thriving atmosphere enjoyable for locals and tourists alike.

Reviewed 3 August 2013

We went to Tengo for lunch but couldn't decide what to have. Someone came over and explained the menu and said there were specials of the day and we had them..wow the food was lovely and fresh-the salad dressing is to die for and the staff really friendly. Very relaxing and shall return again when next in st Austell.

Reviewed 16 July 2013

I recently visited tengo after seeing the "new management" sign and was not disappointed! I had a burger and my partner had a "hungrymans" breakfast. We originally thought they were a bit pricey, but by golley we received value for money! The signs outside saying "best burgers in town" do not lie, I finished every last bit, and the breakfast really lived up to the name; paying the few extra pennies was worth it.

The other customers seemed pleasantly satisfied with their food and left their plates clean also! The staff were very welcoming and nothing was too much trouble; the younger ones being a credit to the team! I was served by a polite, friendly young girl and thereon everything seemed to be organised behind the counter. Even though the restaurant was clearly busy and the poor staff were rushed off their feet, the young girl ensured that she listened to what we wanted and was made exactly to order.

Overall, we were delighted with our experience at Tengo and left a complimentary tip. We will definitely be visiting again, keep up the good work!

Reviewed 8 July 2013

we stayed in st austell for a few days and found this but was put off by the bad reviews but i am so glad we went in for breakfast and wow its totaly revamped

staff was very helpful even offered to make off menue
food was good not great big builders portions but a good quality meal
restaurant was clean and tidy

will go back again