We arrived at what we thought would be a great stay, we were showed to our room which was nicely furnished with contemporary furnishings ( the room was called the gig) we proceeded to have a couple of drinks in the bar and check out the evening menu which was perfectly acceptable to two weary travellers, we had a couple of drinks in the bar and then went up to the room as my wife wanted to have a relaxing soak n the bath, this was when the trouble started she ran the Tap and called me in as the water was the colour of tea, we asked for the manager to come up and see this for himself only for him to reply that he knew there was a problem but unless the owners upgraded the water inlet then there was little he could do, he did however advise that the owners knew this and still insisted that all the rooms were sold. This is the one and only time my wife and I had to seek alternative accommodation, he was very apologetic and the service up until then was good, I would never recommend this hotel unless they fix the water situation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Rashleigh Arms was built in 1851 on the foundations of old clay cellars and was given its name after the creator of Charlestown Harbour, formerly West Polmear, Charles Rashleigh. It also boasts probably one of the only Grade II listed car parks in the country, basically the site of old coal storage yards, and is situated in a World Heritage Site. The Rashleigh is ideally positioned in central Cornwall and provides an excellent jump off point for lots of great attractions with the world famous Eden Project and The Lost Gardens of Heligan within five miles radius. We are also within sight of the historic Tall Ships and Charlestown harbour, a world heritage site and an attraction in itself. The Pub has moved with times and although over 150 years old boasts eight four star gold rated rooms, a public bar, popular with the locals that shows all live sport and has great bands every fortnight. Our lounge bar is fantastic for relaxing in with large leather sofas and armchairs with a touch of historic Charlestown. The restaurant is modern, open plan and serves locally sourced food from 12 - 9pm every day; and if the weather's good our patio and garden is the ideal place to spend a few hours or more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ebookers, Expedia, Odigeo, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U. and Evoline ltd so you can book your Rashleigh Arms reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rashleigh Arms Hotel St Austell
- Rashleigh Arms Cornwall/St Austell