“Awful food”
Review of Rashleigh Arms

Rashleigh Arms
Ranked #15 of 97 St Austell B&B and Inns
Reviewed 19 August 2014

The long wait was fine as it was a Saturday evening, but the thai red curry was not thai, made with dairy rather that coconut milk and had no spices in whatsoever, served with basmati rice and a slab of white bread.
Chef should be sacked. We were with friends, so didn't bother to complain.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank auntiemabel876
StAustellManagement, General Manager at Rashleigh Arms, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2014

We are so sorry we didn't live up to your expectations and hope you will try us again one day

There are newer reviews for Rashleigh Arms

Reviewed 30 July 2014

We booked the Rashleigh because they could provide gluten free food. We were even provided with a mini fridge in the bedroom, so that my wife could store some of her own supplies. The breakfasts were cooked to order, rather than the 'kept warm' buffet type, which is a big plus in my book. The room was very comfortable and, whist we did not eat there every night, the evening meals we had were very good. I also enjoyed the range of cask ales, all of which were well kept. The service was very good, and the two ladies who organised the breakfasts were terrific.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
StAustellManagement, General Manager at Rashleigh Arms, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Many thanks for your great review, and we look forward to seeing you again soon

Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

We arrived at lunch time on Monday to a half hearted hello. We didn't wait long for the food and couldn't fault any of the food it was just delicious but is that enough when u go out for lunch.... ?? The staff on that time looked like they couldn't be bothered to be there. There was only another man being served at the bar when I was waiting but no one made any comment that they would be with me in a bit so it felt so much longer, even what I believe was the duty manager walked right past me like I wasn't even there. A little smile on staffs faces and attention to detail and our visit would have been just perfect.

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank LKDAWE

Many thanks for your review and I will pass on your feedback to our team

Reviewed 8 July 2014

We wanted a quiet and clean hotel at a good price and the Rashleigh Arms provided what we were looking for. Situated in the old port of St. Austell in Charlestown with some views over the sea. The room was OK and the bed comfortable if a little small, good free wifi and free view flay screen TV. It was a little noisy later in the evening when customers from the pub were leaving.
Breakfast is included in the price and a choice of a full English (Cornish) breakfast or continental. To be honest the full cooked breakfast was excellent using all locally sourced produce. The service was good and friendly. Would I stay here again, yes. Would I recommend the Rashleigh Arms, definitely.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
StAustellManagement, General Manager at Rashleigh Arms, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2014

Thank you so much for your great review and I will be sure to pass on your feedback to our team
Many thanks

Reviewed 28 June 2014

Probably the worst dining experience in my long life. Delayed at counter trying to order (no table order service at dinner) because a couple trying to settle their bill had been given the entirely wrong bill. Food dire. Potted Crab was 8mm of solid butter and beneath it was 10 mm of pink slush, at lest it did smell of fish. Salad garnish and main course garnish warm and limp. A friend had the carvery and said it was reasonable. Staff chaotic and of the headless chicken variety. I had to wait at the counter to pay so long I thought I had become invisible and said so. When asked if I had enjoyed the experience I said not in clear terms. Immediate reaction? sorry? No. Oh I'll give you some money back. That tells me they are used to complaints. I declined. There is much more to say but I hope you have a flavour of this dreadful place.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank JFWH
StAustellManagement, General Manager at Rashleigh Arms, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

Hello,
I am disappointed by your review, we do get extremely busy on Sundays and sometimes that can lead to waits at the bar, our team are not of the headless chicken variety and I am sure readers of these reviews can draw there own conclusions as too our previous and future service levels and I would certainly not avoid at all costs.
Kind Regards
Lucy and Rob

Reviewed 21 June 2014

As we were in the area we thought we'd try the new-look Rashleigh Arms after it's recent refurb. I've come to this restaurant several times over the last 5 or so years and I cannot think of one time I experienced a bad meal, this time was no exception. However the new look has made the place lose it's character and has in fact become 'clinical' looking with the white-wash walls.

Other then the style no complaints from me.

Date of visit: 30th May (approx. 6pm)

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank gMaesterUK

Many thanks for your great review, our changes are still a work in progress and the finished product will be less clinical

Reviewed 5 May 2014

Went to Rashleigh Arms for lunch and food was amazing! Dog friendly, helpful staff. Try the chunky chips - you won't be disappointed. Pulled pork sandwich was delicious too. Large beer garden for warmer summer days.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Nickyfrance2014
StAustellManagement, General Manager at Rashleigh Arms, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Many thanks for your review and glad you liked our pulled pork roll, the burger menu has been going down a storm and we look forward to seeing you again soon.