Acorn Camping and Glamping
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
The Carlyon Bay(St Austell)
  • Pool
Royal Oak Inn(Lostwithiel)
View Hotel
The White Hart(St Austell)
View Hotel
All reviewshobbit hutscooking areafire pitbell tenthot water bottlestoilet and showerlocal areaeden projectred letter day giftno electricitytea light candleschristmas presentgas burnerflushing toiletslovely woodlandpolkerris beachdefinitely worth the visit
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 April 2014

This is a once in a lifetime experience!
I think it is important to be open minded as it is very basic, missing most home comforts but that doesn't stop you from having the most incredible experience. The place is absolutely amazing, very hidden and quiet down a few narrow roads. It is just a 10 minute drive to the Eden project and a perfect location for all of Cornwall's attractions (Newquay is only 35 minutes away). The owners are so lovely, have great recommendations, provide you with lots of attraction leaflets and are very helpful. In the Hobbit Hideaway you do not have your own private toilets or showers, you share these with the people on the camp site. (They were nice and clean.) This was fine on our first night as there was no-one camping however, on the second night there was a family camping which made using the toilets a little bit harder and less private. The walk to the toilets isn't far however, you do have to walk up a bit of a hill. This is worth the mini trek as the hut is on the edge and is so private. You also aren't provided with a cooker, you have an area to make a fire. I was a little optimistic about this at first but collecting wood (or you can buy some logs from the owners) and making your own fire is a fun experience! Inside the Hobbit Hut you are provided with a sofa (that pulls out into a double bed), a chest, cupboards for cutlery and plates, a table and chair and two lights which keep the inside very bright. The camp site is a 5 minute drive to a co-op and 10 minutes to Tescos, Asda and some amazing pubs.

I would highly recommend this experience to anyone! We had the most amazing time and it definitely is a unique experience!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank katieloola3
Reviewed 5 April 2014

We were very privileged to be the first people to stay in the charming and delightful Hobbit Hideaway! Created by Tony, it's a one room snug built into the hillside, complete with round Hobbity door. We had a great time cooking on the open fire outside and sitting listening to the beautiful birdsong in the secluded woodland valley. Pots and pans, crockery and cutlery are all provided, so we were able to enjoy hot chocolates and hot buttered toast by the fireside as well as the odd beer or two.
It's a short walk to a very clean toilet, shower block, dish washing station and tap with drinking water. Showers are hot and powerful.
Highly recommended for a completely individual experience and chance to immerse yourself in peaceful nature.
Don't forget to bring a copy of the Hobbit to read aloud by the open fire.

• Stayed: April 2014
3  Thank Pigletty
Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

We camped for a week in November. The site was fantastic in a stunning location. Ria and Tony were very friendly. The site could be difficult to find but if you follow the instructions they give you it's really easy to get to.
The site itself is gorgeous - surrounded by woodland in the luxulyan valley and really close to the Eden Project. Lots of nice walks around.
The toilets are really clean and the showers are warm and probably better than ours at home.
You can have camp fires and can buy good dry wood at the site.
Can't recommend this site enough, best one we've been to by far.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Aquitai
Reviewed 1 March 2014

I've just come back from a 3 night stay in the hobbit huts with my boyfriend. The hobbit hut and toilets were very clean although i dont think the previous people had washed the utensils provided properly. i had to scrub them before we could cook anything! I've never been camping or glamping before and I wouldn't say it wasn't for me but maybe I'd have to give it a go in the summer when it's a little warmer. Thank God they provided hot water bottles! We were very welcomed but there wasn't much to do near the site that was in walking distance as many of the leaflets didn't take our fancy. I definitely think this is a nice break and good if your looking for something a little different or just a quiet break. Maybe going with a group of people would of made it more interesting during the evenings or perhaps if there were other visitors? The weather was beautiful during the day just didn't stop pouring throughout the night. We got to see the new hide away that's currently being built which looks amazing! & we enjoyed the bike routes! All in all it was an experience!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Beth P
Reviewed 23 February 2014

We have just come back from a one night stay in a hobbit hut. We went with our two teenage daughters so we got two huts. They are very nicely spaced so that you have privacy from other guests but close enough that I was not worried.
When we arrived Ria (the owner) greeted us and showed us to our huts, showing us the facilities as we went. There is a bathroom block with individual toilets/showers for each hut (so no sharing with strangers) and each hut is equipped with everything you will need (plates, cutlery, pans, stoves etc). Also she told us about walks, local pubs etc.
My girls also did a bushcraft workshop which they loved (making dens, building a fire, making popcorn) whilst me and my husband settled in.
It was a lovely little break, very relaxing and beautiful. The only down side was it was extremely cold, but it is February, so I would suggest bringing alot of blankets!!
I cannot recommend this site enough. The setting is fantastic and Ria was lovely and very helpful. Will definitely be visiting again. Thank you.

• Stayed: February 2014