“A wonderful and beautiful Bed and Breakfast”
Review of Redgate Smithy B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in St Cleer
Redgate Smithy B&B
Ranked #1 of 1 St Cleer B&B and Inns
Reviewed 15 September 2013 via mobile

My Mum and I stayed her for 8 nights and it was the best holiday of my little Cocker Spaniel life! ... Wow I loved it so much and I loved Julie, Clive and my new bestest friend Brydy!! they were the nicest people and dog you could ever wish to meet and so welcoming to Mum and me ... Even my favourite toy "Wabbit" was made to feel welcome ! .. Mum said the breakfasts were so delicious and everything about Redgate Smithy is wonderful, the rooms are spotless and so pretty, the location wonderful and the garden a lovely quiet haven... I had a brilliant time when Mum left me with Julie, Clive and Brydy for the day as I got them to myself without Mum butting in!! ... Whether you stay with or without a dog its a truly wonderful place .. I was sad to leave as had hoped Mum would forget to take me home so that I could stay forever but no such luck as she put me in the car and home we went !..Thank you Auntie Julie, Uncle Clive and my lovely friend Brydy for our wonderful stay and can't
wait to come back .. Lots of love
from Jem (aka "lettuce"!!) and Mum xx

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank PJN63

Reviewed 8 September 2013

Very good location and obviously an old building, which made our stay more interesting. Room was a little snug with a small, but adaquate bathroom. We actually had a folding chair and table in our room, but there was just one problem - if you put up the chair and table there would be absolutely no room to move. Beds were comfortable and the food was excellent, so I really have no complaints.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 August 2013

Clive and Julie could not do a enough for us, and gave barney our pet the hoilday break ever, the breafast was do die for, a very lovely place to stay.when we arrived after a very long journey, a muffin and a cup of tea, also u stay longer, a free night is offered, and a bottle of wine, very nice touch.gave it all to all there guest.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 August 2013

Lovely B&B - my room was beautiful with lots of nice little touches that made it feel like a home from home.
As all the other reviews have said the welcome is amazing, the breakfast is delicious and so on.

But it is all the additional details that help to make this such a special place to stay. On arrival I was offered a cup of tea in the conservatory, that was served with some homemade chocolate tiffin. There was a thunderstorm and I was told to borrow an umbrella when I was going out. The "Little Book of Cornwall" was a delight to go through in my room (along with other books that had thoughtfully been put in my room).

I would happily recommend the Redgate Smithy to anyone.

Room Tip: I had the double room with en-suite shower
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 July 2013

A marvellous B & B which was immaculately clean, and served superb breakfasts based on local produce. The hosts (Clive and Julie) went out of their way to make you feel welcome. The B & B is based in a lovely rural location and is just the ticket for chilling out.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Louise C
Reviewed 13 June 2013

This was our 5th visit to Julie and Clive's home. It's such a shame we live 288 miles away otherwise we'd be there on a more frequent basis. If I write too much about the mouth-watering breakfasts and the difficulty in choosing between the many outstanding dishes (as well as Julie's muesli which I start anticipating a week before our stay), the beautiful wild garden, the jay and the woodpecker we saw on the bird feeder during our breakfast, the super views from the best bedroom (the garden room), the welcome from Bridie their dog and Clive's always correct meteorological forecasts there may not be any spaces left on the calendar for our next visit.
If you are in Cornwall a stay in Redgate Smithy is a must!

Room Tip: The garden room. the view of the garden is superb.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 May 2013

A most enjoyable time. Fabulous accomodation in a most beautiful spot. Clive and Julie (and Bridie) went out of their way to make us feel very welcome. The breakfasts were excellent ,the room was sunny and inviting, a very comfortable bed, lovely bathroom and lots of information available on the local area and Cornwall. We highly recommend this place.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Pine Green Valley Caravan Park
The Cheesewring Hotel
The Cheesewring Hotel
#6 of 15 in Liskeard

Been to Redgate Smithy B&B? Share your experiences!