“Fabulous local honeyed sausages and much much more”
Review of Redgate Smithy B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in St Cleer
Redgate Smithy B&B
Ranked #1 of 1 St Cleer B&B and Inns
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Fabulous local honeyed sausages and much much more”
Reviewed 25 October 2013

We have recently returned from our 6th visit to this superb B&B. Unfortunately so many people must have read our rave reviews and booked a stay that this time we couldn't have "our bedroom". The Garden Room is a delight with its beautiful patchwork quilt and lovely views into Sue and Clive's woodland garden. We like having our bathroom across the landing...it feels more like home!
This time we stayed in the twin room. The beds were exceptionally comfortable and there was plenty of hanging space and drawers. It was good to have the en suite too on this occasion with its luxurious power shower..
Julie and Clive are the best hosts anyone could wish for - kind, thoughful and friendly. Brydy the dog is a delight. We were fortunate this time that another dog was holidaying at the same time so we saw much more of Brydy after breakfast as she played with her visitor. Julie and Clive are very firm about her not troubling guests unencumbered with their canine friends :-)
As usual the breakfasts were superb. I departed from my usual choice of Redgate Eggs Royale (smoked salmon enfolded in a luxurious plate of eggs scrambled with clotted cream and dressed with capers and basil) and tried the sausages....heavenly...no other word for it! The only problem was their size but it turned out not to be a problem as Julie put the second one in a doggy bag for later! I think it was even better cold! It's difficult to choose from the breakfast menu as there arre so many delicious offerings.
Next day Clive gave us an extra choice...his special Eggs Benedict. Perfectly cooked hollandaise sauce and delicious properly poached eggs with tasty local bacon...ah the memory!
We especially appreciate staying at Redgate Smithy because of their environmental friendliness. We like people like us! How we'll manage till next year without another visit I'm not sure :-)

Room Tip: Sorry, i clicked on swimming pool rating by accident and couldn't remove it! All the rooms are...
2 Thank Margaret A

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
London
Reviewed 24 October 2013

Julie and Clive were absolutely fantastic hosts. My partner and I were only staying for one night as we had a wedding to attend but even in that short time we were made to feel very much at home. We were greeted warmly with coffee and cake which was a lovely touch.
The room was very well equipped and we also had an ensuite which was useful what with us getting back from the wedding fairly late.
It was lovely to chat with both of them in the morning whilst they provided a delicious breakfast. My partner had the full breakfast and said it was one of the best he'd had. I had the scrambled eggs on toast which was delicious so make sure you get down for breakfast in the morning!

I would definitely recommend Redgate Smithy for anyone staying in the area. It seems a good base to travel in and around Cornwall as well as a homely B&B to relax in. Thank you very much Julie and Clive!

Axminster, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 October 2013

We only stayed for one night, we had come to Cornwall, with our dog, to watch the triathlon at Sibleyback Lake. The room was very comforable and we were made very welcome, with tea and cake, treats for the dog, and advice on the best places to eat and walk.

The event began at 7.30 am and we had to be there by 7,so we were quite prepared to forego the reputed breakfast. But no! Julie and Clive insisted that it was no problem, so we were treated to the delights at 6.30 am.
Highly recommended.

1 Thank devonvisitor0
Manchester
Reviewed 22 September 2013 via mobile

We have been regular visitors here for the last 9 years during which time Clive & Julie have consistently impressed us with the very best cosy cottage atmosphere in addition to the best b&b breakfast in the whole of cornwall! Loads of choice from varied menu all cooked to order. They are the most friendly hosts you could wish to meet (without being intrusive), and offer a wealth of knowledge about the local area, beauty spots, interesting walks and local pubs & restaurants. Would highly recommend to anyone looking for a quiet countryside retreat away from the hustle and bustle of the city!!!

• Stayed September 2013
Reviewed 15 September 2013 via mobile

My Mum and I stayed her for 8 nights and it was the best holiday of my little Cocker Spaniel life! ... Wow I loved it so much and I loved Julie, Clive and my new bestest friend Brydy!! they were the nicest people and dog you could ever wish to meet and so welcoming to Mum and me ... Even my favourite toy "Wabbit" was made to feel welcome ! .. Mum said the breakfasts were so delicious and everything about Redgate Smithy is wonderful, the rooms are spotless and so pretty, the location wonderful and the garden a lovely quiet haven... I had a brilliant time when Mum left me with Julie, Clive and Brydy for the day as I got them to myself without Mum butting in!! ... Whether you stay with or without a dog its a truly wonderful place .. I was sad to leave as had hoped Mum would forget to take me home so that I could stay forever but no such luck as she put me in the car and home we went !..Thank you Auntie Julie, Uncle Clive and my lovely friend Brydy for our wonderful stay and can't
wait to come back .. Lots of love
from Jem (aka "lettuce"!!) and Mum xx

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank PJN63
Somewhere in England
Reviewed 8 September 2013

Very good location and obviously an old building, which made our stay more interesting. Room was a little snug with a small, but adaquate bathroom. We actually had a folding chair and table in our room, but there was just one problem - if you put up the chair and table there would be absolutely no room to move. Beds were comfortable and the food was excellent, so I really have no complaints.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
berkshire
Reviewed 31 August 2013

Clive and Julie could not do a enough for us, and gave barney our pet the hoilday break ever, the breafast was do die for, a very lovely place to stay.when we arrived after a very long journey, a muffin and a cup of tea, also u stay longer, a free night is offered, and a bottle of wine, very nice touch.gave it all to all there guest.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple

Been to Redgate Smithy B&B? Share your experiences!