“Sad to leave”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in St Cleer
Settle, United Kingdom
“Sad to leave”
Reviewed 28 August 2013

On arriving at Trecarne House we received a wonderfully warm welcome from Trish that set the tone for our stay. We immediately felt we had joined a house party where the atmosphere was friendly and convivial. The light and airy rooms with beautiful views of the surrounding countryside were a delight. Everywhere was spotlessly clean and comfortable and children were able to enjoy the house and gardens alongside the adults. Trish's natural charm and cheerful demeanour ensured we immediately relaxed and felt at home. It is rare to find a place to stay that nurtures both the body and soul but our short stay at Trecarne House succeeded in both counts with its beautiful location and the attentive kindness of an exceptional host.

Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank JanetB1304

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
St Helens, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 August 2013

I couldn't have chosen a better place to stay. Trish made me so welcome when I arrived, helped me with my luggage, and showed me the facilities. My very large en-suite room (Amy) was wonderful, lots of space to store and hang clothes, bags and suitcases, side tables, TV , a sofa and chair for relaxing, and windows facing two ways with lovely views. The bathroom with toiletries had a power shower and hot tap water 24/7. Tea and coffee making facilities were available in the room, with fresh milk provided in a jug when you wanted it! A great variety of food was on offer for breakfast, with all tastes catered for. I loved my stay, and I got on so well with Trish, it was like being a friend in her home. It was very relaxing for me, and just the right place for me to wind down and recover after a stressful time and two years of rather indifferent health. The service was excellent and as I had been unwell and travelling alone, Trish was concerned for my welfare while I was out and about. I thought this was lovely, as I am no spring chicken, and so let her know by text if I had a change of plan. This was reassuring for both of us. Her husband Tom was away when I arrived, but he came home just before I left. He is equally as pleasant and jovial a host as Trish is hostess. Thanks for making my holiday so memorable. In the village there are two inns where you can get meals and a fantastic village farm shop where you can buy provisions for a picnic lunch. If you go to stay at Trecarne House you will be sure of a warm welcome, a comfortable good night's sleep, good food, a calm and caring atmosphere, a restful and peaceful holiday, and you will go home feeling so much better and looking forward to when you have the opportunity to return, as I hope to do. Added to all this there are lots of wonderful places to explore. I had a great time seeing where my great, great grandfather had lived and all the places my grandmother used to talk about when she came down on holiday to stay with family members who had not moved north to Manchester.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
Bournemouth
Reviewed 28 July 2013

We stayed at Trecarne House for 2 nights with our 4 year old daughter as we were attending a wedding at a local venue. From the moment we arrived we felt truly welcome and that Trish would be a great host. The biggest plus for us was that our daughter was thoroughly spoilt with attention and genuine affection - if you have young children and have the usual worries about them being welcome then this is the place for you! The breakfast was lovely (including the porridge cooked in the Aga) and the local fresh ingredients were very much appreciated. Finally, the view from the bedroom and garden is breath taking. All in all, a fantastic stay with a vibrant and genuine host - loved it!!

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 May 2013

We used this B&B as we were going to a wedding near by. The views of the country fields from our room were lovely. The room was very comfortable, clean, spacious & had everything we needed. We had a travel cot supplied for our 6 month old son. The breakfast was very nice. But above all the service was excellent. Trish was very welcoming & nothing was too much trouble. Thank you for making our stay so comfortable.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Helencheeseface
Reviewed 20 August 2011

Thank you so much Tris and Tom for your hospitality and kindness, we all really enjoyed our stay with you. You made us feel very welcome the room was perfect, very comfortable and clean. We loved the view overlooking the paddock and fields. Both of your knowledge of places to visit locally and slightly further afield was superb. We hope to visit and stay again. The breakfast was lovely and cooked to a time to suit us and our little 4 year old girl.

Definitely would recommend staying here!

• Stayed August 2011
Bath
Reviewed 8 September 2010

We have stayed in Cornwall many times over the years in various hotels and b/bs. We have at last found the perfect place to stay. The service was second to none and the owners (Trish & Tom) were outstanding in every way. We shall certainly return to Trecarn House and have no problem in recommending this b/b to anyone.

Dave & Joyce

#1 of 1 in Gorran Haven
The Snooty Fox
The Snooty Fox
#1 of 1 in Morval

Been to Trecarne House? Share your experiences!