“Excellent value, great people”

Old Temperance House
Ranked #1 of 7 St Keverne B&B and Inns
Reviewed 18 August 2011

Stayed just for one night (family funeral)...Rooms better than a number of 4star hotels I have stayed in. Bright, modern, clean rooms, A/C, internet connection and this is a B&B !! The owners could not have been more welcoming or helpful. Breakfast just kept coming, Hardly needed to eat for the rest of the day. Quiet, right on the village square, parking on the square. Two Inns on the square serve very reasonable dinners. Small Post Office and a General Store too. Top quality B&B at a reasonable price.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Cavanee, Owner at Old Temperance House, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2011

Reviewed 12 August 2011

We stayed at Old Temperance House with our two girls for 2 nights whilst in Cornwall for a family wedding (Aug 2011). I can't rate the place highly enough. The rooms are beautiful, spotlessly clean and with every extra you could need. Being an allergy sufferer, I very much appreciated that the beds were allergy treated and slept like a log! The breakfast was second to none, with locally sourced ingredients that were cooked to perfection. Clive and Denise are friendly, helpful and good humoured hosts, nothing was too much trouble. Being the nosey individual that I am, I had a good snoop round the accomodation booked by the other wedding guests and although some of it was very nice, none came anywhere near Old Temerperance House. We will definately be returning here and highly recommend it to anyone looking for bed and breakfast whilst staying in this area.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Melanie B

We enjoyed having you here with your beautifully behaved girls, Thank you.

Reviewed 1 August 2011

Having being staying at this 'up market' B&B almost every year since it opened we have never been dissappointed. Clive and Denise are the perfect hosts. You really feel as though you are guests in their home. Our only concern is that everyone seems to know as the secret of excellent food, service, cleanliness and the friendly ambiance seems to be out!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with friends

Its always a pleasure having you all to stay

Reviewed 29 July 2011

The service was quite exceptional actually. Wonderful welcome. Great room overlooking the square - we thought it would be noisy but no problem. Windows double glazed. Breakfast exceptional; the usual challenge in deciding what to have the night before. Able to park immediately outside. The cleanliness and tidyness are exceptional. Facilities in the room were exceptional as well. Small chiller by the bed, DVD player and DVD, TV with freeview. Light coloured decoration and light carpets made the rooms feel nice and airy. The windows in our room had shutters - I suggested adding an "air flow" device of some sort; curtains would provide this; shutters work very well keeping the light out but don't let the air in. Immaculate en-suite bathroom with nice white towels. Short walk to a choice of pubs for evening meals.

Room Tip: We had the double room with en suite at the front
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family

Thank you for your comments.......noted

Reviewed 23 June 2011

We received great hospitality with attention to detail. We have regular holidays in England and are yet to find accommodation to beat it for value, quality, comfort and cleanliness. For Denise and Clive, nothing is too much trouble and the breakfast is the best we have ever experienced while staying in Guest House or Hotel accommodation - with a great selection of local produce cooked and served to individual specification - the free range eggs from Porthoustock especially. The suite we stay in, Bailey's, is spacious and while it overlooks the square of St Keverne, has the privacy of internal shutters which is great. Its a perfect location for exploring the Lizard Penninsula on foot and its good to be in the hub of the village - good local amenities.

Room Tip: We always stay in Baileys suite - spacious,quiet
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple

Thank you, we look forward to your seventh stay

Reviewed 24 April 2011

A warm, lovely place to stay. We booked both B&B rooms and cottage out for family and friends to stay for our wedding weekend and stayed in the cottage ourselves. Everybody was thrilled with their accommodation and loved the breakfast. A wonderful area and wonderful hosts! Thank you again Clive and Denise.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family

We do love a wedding at Old Temperance House, Thank you for choosing us

Reviewed 29 January 2011

My Mother and myself chose the Old Temperance House as they had a very well set out and accessible website and they were very friendly when I enquired about availability on the phone. Having being most impressed by how helpful they were I went ahead and booked three nights stay for both my Mother and myself (my Mother is 73 years old). The welcome we received and attention to our needs was both very warm and genuine. I felt that they paid special attention to my Mother's needs as she is 73 years old. I myself was deeply impressed by availability of services and attention to detail. Levels of cleanliness were excellent and all areas were spotless. I am very impressed by authenticity in attention to detail and I feel that The Old Temperance House has gone to great lengths to give the feeling of staying at an old country house, and, having an abundance of soft light and warm "cozy" glow in all the fittings and fixtures that have been meticulously laid out and planned to achieve this effect.

The couple who own The Old Temperance House, Clive and Denise, were extremely knowledgeable about the local area and were most helpful in advising us on services available in the area. The breakfasts we were serviced were excellent, St Keverne has a superb Butchers Shop for excellent local produce. What most impressed me is that the owners were prepared to go the extra mile. Denise rang me on my mobile on the second day to inform me that my Mother had dropped an important card in her room. All in all we were most impressed by the standard of service and will gladly look forward to staying at The Old Temperance House again.

Tony and Frances Chapman.

• Stayed: January 2011

Thank you for your wonderful review.

Also consider these accommodations in or near St Keverne
#2 of 7 in St Keverne
The White Hart
The White Hart
#3 of 7 in St Keverne

Been to Old Temperance House? Share your experiences!