The White Hart
The Bay Hotel(Coverack)
US$182
Orbitz.com
Budock Vean Hotel(Mawnan Smith)
US$314
US$175
US$219
US$140
Travelocity
Anacapri Guest House(Falmouth)(Great Value!)
US$83
US$139
US$133
All reviewsthe pubsunday lunchwill visit againstcornwallgravypintpubs
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 August 2014

We ate here during our local stay for a diving trip as we were B & B nearby, all three meals here were excellent value for money. A local pub at the heart of the village and very welcoming, the Doombar beer is fabulous and we supped many a pint. Very friendly service, many thanks.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
colin s, Manager at The White Hart, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

On behalf of all the team at The White Hart I'd like to thank you for your revview and kind comments. Glad to hear you enjoyed your visits and we hope that you will come again

Reviewed 7 August 2014

We stayed for one night, a terrible experience. Noone answered the phone we tried calling several times. When we arrived, they were too busy, eventually we were shown the room, staff were rude. Room was dirty, hot and the double bed was a sofa bed. The shower had mold on it. Never again.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank shazzzbo
colin s, Manager at The White Hart, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2014

I am shocked and saddened by this review as much for the completely false facts given as for the malice in writing it. I offer the following response.
I was at the bar chatting with customers when you arrived at 9.20,obviously tired and bothered after your journey on a very hot day. We had been expecting you for some hours and I know that the staff member on the bar greeted you immediately and very politely. She then called the owner over who again greeted you very pleasantly,got your key and showed you to your room. As you were going through a lady in your party very crossly said to no one in particular but loudly 'we've been phoning here all day and no one has answered the phone' As you were stood right by me then I said that I'm sorry to hear that you haven't got through but I can assure you we have had many calls today and they have all been answered,could we check you have the right number. I was ignored.
The owner showed you the family room and, as is policy,asked if it was in order to which your response was that it was all fine. It is a family room,it has a king sized bed that can be either two singles or a double depending on your stated requirements when booking and the large sofa bed converts easily into a very comfortable double for adults or,more usually,children.
The room had been in use constantly prior to your visit and as with all our rooms was excellently cleaned by our staff and inspected after. There certainly was no mould and in fact the previous guest who left that morning left a comment on how comfortable and clean the room was! As in any circumstances where a customer feels things are not up to standard the first and most obvious action is to come and find a staff member and make them aware. One of your party did come back into the bar half an hour later to ask if there was a fan available as the room was hot. They actually asked the owner in my presence and I can vouch for the concern and politeness of her reply when she said that sadly the only fan in the place was that fitted on the bar but please don't hesitate to open either of the (large) windows. It was the hottest day of the year so far it has to be said and the windows are south facing so had the sun. I have to state now that we never saw any of your party again until you checked out,you didn't even come in to breakfast and certainly saw no staff,rude or otherwise. On leaving you were asked by the owner who checked you out if all had been ok for you and your reply was that all was good. Whatever the motive for your review I have to say that I'm sorry you feel like this but am puzzled as to why you did not make any concerns known so they could be resolved. As a final,the room was again let the following night and,as with all our other guests,they said their stay was wonderful and they've booked to come again. Need more be said!

Reviewed 3 June 2014

We visited two weeks ago and were able to eat outside as the weather was so good. The pub is in such a perfect location overlooking the village square. The service was excellent and the choice of food very good. We thought it was so much better than the usual pub grub and can highly recommend the Hearty Burger. The beer was also very well kept. We would eat again without question and highly recommend it to others.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
colin s, Manager at The White Hart, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Just a note from the team at The White Hart to say thank you for this kind review and we are very pleased that you enjoyed your visit. We do hope that you come again soon

Reviewed 30 April 2014

We stayed for four nights while on a hectic business trip in late April and were made most welcome by Lesley, Colin and the team. One of our team is gluten intolerant and the chef came out to ensure he cooked appropriately. In fact, we had quite long conversations with him quite often, not necessarily about food! The accommodation was fine and comfortable and, above all, quiet. We spent every evening in the bar chatting with the locals and Lesley & Colin, including a late night when we were so engrossed that we didn't realise the time! We didn't want to leave but work called but we will be back as soon as we can!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

Myself and my partner visited The White Hart in St Keverne after having a drive around Cornwall. The pub itself is lovely, and the staff did seem very friendly.
Our meal how ever was a little bit of a let down. My partner (if I remember) had nachos for starters and gammon for main, his meal looked very advertising and tasted yummy! Unfortunatly I choose the chicken burger, which reached very poor standards. Instead of being a nice chicken breast cooked from fresh and baught fresh, it just looked like a cheap supermarket burger and tasted like cardboard, I was very disappointed.
However saying that though, I think they have now got a new chef and when we visit the pub these days, the food smells and looks great! Hoping we just had an 'off' day for the pub.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jane70123
colin s, Manager at The White Hart, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

This review has just come up although we are unsure whether it pertains to a visit in december. However,the reply is still relevant. Firstly of course it is a shame to read that our self imposed high standards do not seem to have been right to this reviewer and we are always very sorry to hear that. If this any customer is ever not happy or feels dissapointed I would always say that a staff member should be told immediately so that steps can be taken to rectify any complaint or criticism. We have had our 'new' chef now since september 2013 and his food is widely regarded as excellent. He is always available to answer queries,correct anything needed or indeed to praise. Non of our food is 'cheap supermarket' and so it is very unfortunate that no opportunity was given to us to ensure that this customer was not satisfied,as all our valued customers need to be. Please visit again,make yourself known and rest assured we will be delighted to show you how good our food is