Open today: 09:00 - 17:00
Review Highlights
Great diving centre

Great centre super helpful staff great location and really enjoyed our dives. We were definitely... read more

Reviewed 31 October 2018
GrimbofromRTW
Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
Stunning location!

We were very fortunate to get one of the electric pitches right on the front and they took us in on... read more

Reviewed 21 September 2018
SarahM1545
via mobile

All reviews dive centre on site great diving beach cafe family run dive club cuttlefish great boat stunning location already booked for next year electric pitches padi open water course a long weekend trip staff were friendly jo shore skipper
Reviewed 25 October 2015 via mobile

Well the Cornish wind can really blow. Had a great time my first real open sea dive. Now I've lived in Cornwall for ten years many years ago and why didn't I do this back then. The diving is spot on the Cornish laid back approach still makes me chuckle and somehow very relaxing. ( I'm on holiday so chilled out.) The food it brilliant. Proper portion sizes. Just try the sausage rolls. The shop is fine and camping is ideal. It's what camping is all about. It's nice to get a shower and to me they are fine. Now every time I go back to Cornwall to see friends I'm going diving. The road is bumpy so drive careful remember this is the coastline in Cornwall. The sea views are just the best in the country. Well done guys and girls I love the countryside and the diving it's perfect. Oh and thanks for making my first dive so good. All staff friendly and great fun with good skills and knowledge plus all very helpful. I will be back directly. Proper job.

Date of experience: May 2015
Reviewed 15 September 2015

There was a group of us most of whom went diving, some for the first time down there again everyone admired the sealife and the variety of conditions in the sea. Thoroughly good weekend (even just for chilling out!!).
Again hats off to all the crew down there top jobs again, definitely will be back soon

Reviewed 2 September 2015

We camped here for a week in August and did some shore dives on Drawna Rocks and some boat dives from Celtic Kitten. We had a great time. It is a fabulous place and the staff are helpful and freindly.

Reviewed 2 September 2015 via mobile

This was mine and my husband's first dive since getting our Open Water Diver qualifications a few weeks ago. We were excited and apprehensive at the same time about getting into the water again as 'real' divers! We needn't have worried though, as after getting a warm and friendly welcome from the reception staff, we were placed in the very capable hands of Divemaster Darren. He was very patient with us putting our kit together (slowly but correctly) then he escorted us out for a great dive. He was very knowledgable and informative and pointed out a fascinating array of marine life, which he later helped us to identify with the use of identification charts. We felt very comfortable at Porthkerris Divers, there was a lovely relaxed atmosphere there but at the same time, we felt very safe in their hands. We will definitely be returning here, hopefully later in the year when we have both completed our Advanced Open Water courses. Then maybe we'll be able to try a boat dive, for even more fun and adventure.

Reviewed 1 September 2015

Unlike most visitors we didn't come for the diving but were looking for a basic campsite near the sea for the bank holiday weekend and we happenned across Porth Kerris almost by accident. The view from the spacious camping field is fantastic and more than made up for the fact that the only facilities in the field are a portaloo. This didn't matter to us and the showers at the bottom of the hill are amongst the warmest I have experienced on a British campsite. All of the staff we met were very friendly and we weren't made to feel out of place being the only people not wearing rubberised trousers! We very soon got into the spirit of the bay and having dined on quite possibly the tastiest breakfast bap ever, signed up for a Try Dive. Well, I originally learnt to dive 10 years ago in March in the delightful waters off Plymouth Sound, the highlight of those four or five freezing dives was seeing 1 ( yes 1!) pipe fish. Little wonder I didn't carry it on. However Try Diving from the beautiful beach this morning under the watchful eye of Darren ( So good they named the breakfast after him) was a completely different experience, introduced me to a whole new world , and left me wanting to requalify and neoprene up. A fantastic place, great people, lots of fish and of course, the rubberised trousers !

2  Thank Steve C