“Diving porthkerris”
Review of Porthkerris Divers

Porthkerris Divers
More attraction details
Owner description: Porthkerris Divers is a family run, family friendly, beach front dive centre. Onsite facilities include a dive shop, compressor room, kit store, camping, electric hookups, self catering accommodation, toilets, showers,lecture room etc. We offer hardboat diving, basking shark boat trips and have a beautiful shore dive here on site. Most of the wonderful dive sites are only a 10 minute boat ride away. We do both BSAC and PADI courses from beginner upwards, as well as guided dives. We have a beach cafe whichserves excellent homemade cakes, meals, breakfasts etc. Porthkerris is also great for kayaking, walking, swimming, fishing, sunbathing and relaxing......
Reviewed 22 January 2016

Excellent little place off the beaten track ,caters for all levels of diver with some real good shore diving around the rocks.
Nice little snake van with home make cake ,breakfasts lunches ect.
Deffo be going back this year, easy to drive to park up and dive from your van/car as we did,nice friendly staff and other divers enjoying the hobby we all love.

All reviews
in 7 reviews
"rocks"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed 25 October 2015 via mobile

Well the Cornish wind can really blow. Had a great time my first real open sea dive. Now I've lived in Cornwall for ten years many years ago and why didn't I do this back then. The diving is spot on the Cornish laid back approach still makes me chuckle and somehow very relaxing. ( I'm on holiday so chilled out.) The food it brilliant. Proper portion sizes. Just try the sausage rolls. The shop is fine and camping is ideal. It's what camping is all about. It's nice to get a shower and to me they are fine. Now every time I go back to Cornwall to see friends I'm going diving. The road is bumpy so drive careful remember this is the coastline in Cornwall. The sea views are just the best in the country. Well done guys and girls I love the countryside and the diving it's perfect. Oh and thanks for making my first dive so good. All staff friendly and great fun with good skills and knowledge plus all very helpful. I will be back directly. Proper job.

Reviewed 15 September 2015

There was a group of us most of whom went diving, some for the first time down there again everyone admired the sealife and the variety of conditions in the sea. Thoroughly good weekend (even just for chilling out!!).
Again hats off to all the crew down there top jobs again, definitely will be back soon

Reviewed 2 September 2015

We camped here for a week in August and did some shore dives on Drawna Rocks and some boat dives from Celtic Kitten. We had a great time. It is a fabulous place and the staff are helpful and freindly.

See more reviews
Reviewed 2 September 2015 via mobile

This was mine and my husband's first dive since getting our Open Water Diver qualifications a few weeks ago. We were excited and apprehensive at the same time about getting into the water again as 'real' divers! We needn't have worried though, as after getting a warm and friendly welcome from the reception staff, we were placed in the very capable hands of Divemaster Darren. He was very patient with us putting our kit together (slowly but correctly) then he escorted us out for a great dive. He was very knowledgable and informative and pointed out a fascinating array of marine life, which he later helped us to identify with the use of identification charts. We felt very comfortable at Porthkerris Divers, there was a lovely relaxed atmosphere there but at the same time, we felt very safe in their hands. We will definitely be returning here, hopefully later in the year when we have both completed our Advanced Open Water courses. Then maybe we'll be able to try a boat dive, for even more fun and adventure.