Parkdean - St Minver Holiday Park
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in St Minver
See available hotels
St. Moritz Hotel(Wadebridge)
Daymer House(Trebetherick)
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsmanor houseswimming poolsun holidaywasher dryerport isaaccentral heatinglovely parkmain bedroompark deanparkdean siteschurch viewevening entertainmentlovely siteshop on sitecrazy golfutility roomplay park
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 September 2013

Stayed at St Minver from 2/09/13 on a mid-week break, mon-fri, myself, my husband and our 2yr old girl. Cannot complain about any aspect of this holiday park. We stayed at various Parkdean sites throughout Cornwall, and always find their welcome to be warm and friendly, St Minver was no exception. We arrived slightly early and our accomodation was not quite ready, I merely mentioned that this was fine as we had shopping to do and the friendly staff on reception directed us to the nearest supermarket, so 10/10 for customer care there.

The Accomodation.
We had booked a 3 bedroom, Ash Caravan and were allocated no. 44 Church View way. This was a perfect location for us, just 2 mins from the shop and swimming pool in one direction and 2 mins in the other direction to the main entertainment complex and play area.

The accomodation itself was fantastic. We were really pleased to have been allocated a caravan with outside decking so we could soak up that Cornish sun. Inside everything was well laid out and rather spacious for a caravan. Everything you could possible need for your stay was provided for including a washer/dryer which came in handy drying towels etc.

The Kitchen had all untensils, pots, pans etc, and everything was cleaned to a good standard. In fact the whole caravan was sparkling, with not a speck of dirt or dust to be found anywhere. The main bedroom had enough room for both me and my husband to move around comfortably and even came with an en-suite including shower!

The other two bedrooms at the other end of the caravan were of the standard twin size, which was perfect for our little girl and she was more than comfortable. There is also another bathroom at this end of the caravan so we were spoilt for choice. The lounge and dinning area is centrally located in this caravan and we found this to be more than adequate for our needs and spent many a cosy evening there.

The Park
The park itself is set in a quiet wooded area, and throughout our stay we found it to be very peaceful. It was also spotlessly clean and the management obviously do a good job of looking after the grounds. The top end of the park is where the lodges are located and these looked to be very specious and kept in well manicured grounds. The rest of the park appears to be made up of a mix of Privatley owned statics and Parkdean owned Caravans, although towards the main complex there are some dodgy looking concrete chalets which personally wouldn't be to my taste.

Facilities
There is a shop on site stocking all the basics in case you need a morning paper etc. Me and my daughter visited most mornings and whoever was serving in the shop at the time was always very friendly and pleasant.
The pool on site is of good size, although the toddler splash pool is on the small side, however our daughter was more than happy to have a splash in the main pool with us. The changing areas were clean and more than adequate for our needs although i can imagine them getting busy during peak season.
The play area located just outside the main entertainment complex was fantastic, lovely and big with a toddler area and somewhere for the older children to play too. Our daughter loved it here and I think she could have quite happily spent all day going between the swing and slide.

Entertainment
I can't really comment on the main entertainment area as after our busy days exploring Cornwall we spent our evenings relaxing in the caravan, however we did have a look around when we first arrived and it all looked good, big dinning area and coffee shop just off from the bar. There is also a small soft play area which my daughter enjoyed and the usual arcade amusements. As I said we cannot comment on the Parkdean entertainment as we didn't use this facility.

Local Area.
We love Cornwall and have been visiting now for the past 8years. Just past the main entertainment complex you will find some steps out of the park, this takes you directly into St Minver, a quiet little village with church, post office and pub. Cannot comment on the pub as we didn't go in, but it looked quite nice from the outside.

Just down the road from the park is Rock, this is a lovely little resort on the estuary over looking Padstow. We took the ferry from Rock across to Padstow and this was a delightfully different way to get into Padstow without having to worry about parking.

Padstow itself is your typical tourist hotspot, plenty of pubs, shops, cafes and Restaurants. Well worth a visit but as we have been several times before we decided to jump back on the ferry to Rock and have our lunch in the Rock inn. I would highly recommend this place, lovely views over the estuary, relaxed atmosphere, fantastic food and a specials board to make your mouth water.

You really are in the centre of Cornwall here with places such as Newquay only 20mins away and Looe and Polperro a mere 40mins away, all well worth a visit.

I would definitely consider booking this site again as our stay really was fantastic and without complaint, prehaps a little quiet for some people but that's how we like it. Our only struggle now is to try and work out when we can fit in our next holiday to this beautiful part of the world.

Room Tip: Go for the best Caravan/Lodge you can afford as you really do get what you pay for, and if you want the extra space book a 3 beedroom caravan/lodge.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank eightpercent
Reviewed 3 September 2013 via mobile

Arrived here for a 1 week holiday, and our stay was great. Staff were very friendly and helpful, especially the bar staff who kindly check us in after we arrived after reception closed. The caravan we stayed in was a little bit mouldy, but was cosy and warm. The surrounding area of the park was stunning, especially Port Isaac (where doc martins filmed) whats only 10mins drive away from the park. The food was good but a little cold, I recommend a pub in St Minver village near the church where you can get some excellent quality food. The park is only 5mins car drive away from some beautiful beaches, but some of them are hard to get to due to the narrow lanes and amount of cars trying to get to them.

Would return again

Reviewed 31 August 2013

just arrived back from a weeks stay at one of the lodges on the park dean holiday park. very good and spacious accomodation. clean and well kept park, quiet and great location for places nearby such as port isaac , padstow, rock and we found it central to most places in north cornwall. well stocked lodge for self catering, staff are friendly and welcoming. indoor swimming pool on site with pool attendants and sauna. entertainment in the main house day and evenings was good. we had a 4 and 5 year old with us who enjoyed all the facilities. my only negative is that the beds were quite uncomfortable .

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank janet l
Reviewed 30 August 2013 via mobile

The park is in a good location for exploring Port Issac, Padstow etc but unfortunately all our children wanted to do was stay at the park and play! The facilities are average. The pool is ok, clean but nothing special, no slides. Do not eat at the restaurant in the show bar, we didn't enjoy the food and the staff looked very bored and uninterested!

The entertainment staff were doing there best to keep the children happy but as you would expect was very cheesy! The comedian on the Thursday night was very good!

There was no soap for 3 days in the ladies which I complained about twice and was eventually replaced! All those people not washing their hands! Yuck!

I'm glad the children had a good time and had this been one of The Sun holiday deals I would be more happy but we paid over £500 and I just feel a bit cheated!

Will be choosing a different park next time.

4  Thank Debswee34
Reviewed 26 August 2013 via mobile

We have just arrived back from a three night break. We stayed in caravan 278 and paid £580 pounds. I feel cheated.

Sorely disappointed with the location (right beside the shop our view consisted of three
Commercial sized refuse bins) and the cleanliness of the caravan. It was a "beech" type van which was terribly out of date, stained and shabby. The cooker was disgustingly dirty as well as the utensils.
We could not upgrade due to the busy season so made the most of our stay.

We found the entertainment was fantastic our children really enjoyed every moment of it and so did we. The swimming pool is fine although three of the children developed diaoreah shortly afterwards.

I think the prices vary way too much at this site and ultimately it is not fair. The vans contrast from excellent to disgusting and it must be pot luck when they are allocated.

St minver is an ideal location we enjoyed Rock and Padstow and visited Cornwall Crealy which we really enjoyed.

I have posted photographs of the van we were allocated. I did approach reception with this feedback. The receptionist said he could only apologise.

4  Thank Lorraine P