“Basically a nice shop”

14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Basically a nice shop”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Good and helpful service, with a lot of good stuff on offer (not just cider but also meads and fruit wines and liqueurs, plus local crafts and so on) but basically it is just a shop for tourists - they do not make cider or anything else there.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Tony J
michbc, Owner at The Old Cider Barn, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
This lovely shop is anything But Basic.
I am doing my utmost to sell as much Cornish and Local items as I possibly can, do call in and see the best selection of Local Cornish hand made delights to eat, drink and enjoy Thankyou

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great service good cider”
Reviewed 15 August 2012 via mobile

As a long term advocate of scrumpy cider and anything apple, it is allways a pleasure to be able to find a proper cider with out bubbles, you would be hard put to find cider elsewhere, nearest place I know is over 30 minutes further away
Great service and even bought a lovely painting at a sensible price now pride of place on the wall I have heard they are now doing tappas. Give it a go, stop by. I did!!!

3 Thank R S
Hertford, United Kingdom
53 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 97 helpful votes
“Very good cider - shame it's not local”
Reviewed 18 July 2012

We went there on a wet day when we decided to do all the stuff very local to Cadgwith. You couldn't ask for a more friendly reception and the range of cider and wine on sale is exhaustive (perhaps even exhausting aftvtasting them all!) There is a asonable range of local crafts on sale too, and some of the wood carving is exquisite. The only downside is that all the cider comes from Somerset so only the crafts and beer are local. While I understand the reasons for the cidre coming from two counties away it does slightly detract form the localness of the attraction. Nevertheless, worth a visit, if only saving you a detour to Lyme Bay on the way home!

Visited July 2012
1 Thank Adrian W
michbc, Owner at The Old Cider Barn, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
NOW, I Have just found my first cider maker here in Cornwall that will supply me with LARGE containers ready to sell of Cornish Cider, alongside all my other local makers that are bottling there delicious sparkling varieties.
Manchester, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Cider Tasting Farm with no cider to taste”
Reviewed 18 June 2012

What a disappointment. There were 2 thimbles offered to us (between us) of their cider to taste. Which incidentally is from Devon not Cornwall. When we decided to purchase the one we preferred they had none in stock! Obviously needed a trip to Waitrose! Lovely bottles of wine on offer but yet again, none available to taste. Looked like the young man at the till wasnt allowed to open a bottle. Made me chuckle when he allowed my two daughters to taste the lemon curd with a coffee stirrer. He looked petrified at the idea of how much they might take explaining it was very rich and you wouldnt need much! How can you possibly put too much on a plastic stirrer? Wouldnt waste my fuel driving there again. We had tried to visit a couple of years ago but it was closed. Sorry we made the effort to try again.

Visited June 2012
2 Thank jaxster73
michbc, Owner at The Old Cider Barn, responded to this review, 11 January 2013
Firstly thank you for taking the time to write a review, however we always have cider to taste so your title is very misleading. We provide free tasting for several ciders and meads and normally a wine or two. If you needed more than the given amount to taste the cider we would have been more than happy to give it to you. We stock over 15 different wines, so tasters can´t be given for each one unfortunately.
Surrey
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Recently changed hands”
Reviewed 22 May 2012

The new Manager of The Cider Barn was very friendly and informative. Offering us good service and smiles. The Cider Barn itself is also a Craft shop, which time will tell is a good move or not...

We thought the Barn was nicely laid out with plenty of different Ciders (and Wines). We had the option to sit outside and sip our newly purchased drink which we did and thought that the `garden' area could do with some tidying up and certainly, if this was made more attractive, with more seating and good quality tables and chairs would attract more visitors. (The place was pretty quiet when we visited on two occasions). It's in a great location to attract passers-by and bearing in mind we visited out of season, it may well fill up mid summer..

A nice place to pop in and purchase a drink on your way back to your Hotel/campsite etc and to pick up some very reasonably priced local(ish) produced ciders and wines.

Visited May 2012