“Relaxing business trip”

Ranked #7 of 10 Torpoint B&B and Inns
Hyde, United Kingdom
“Relaxing business trip”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Exceptional value all round with a warm friendly team who made me very very welcome. I will be back to enjoy your hospitality. Tip, make the time to pop into Looe it's beautiful. If you like cider, do not miss the Snake Bite and do try the local ales they are well worth it. I recall the chef was called Zac and I took the time to thank him for the fantastic food he served during my stay.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Reviewed 4 May 2014

It looks lovely and you imagine the food would be good.
It wasn't bad, I ordered a half rack of ribs with chips and salad, it was just way too small.
If I'd cut all the meat off it might have been enough to make one sausage, I had 12 chips in a little bowl and the same sized bowl filled with lettuce and two cherry tomatoes. For that I was relieved of £11.95
Having moved to a house a couple of miles away...It's not going to become my local!

• Stayed May 2014
3 Thank Iain D
Torpoint, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 February 2014

Great quality food! (Carvery recommended).

Good value!

Great setting by the river! And a really nice historic pub.

So you should go and visit NOW!...

and then walk down to Seaton when you've finished your meal!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Sam H
Princetown, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 October 2013

A group of sixteen friends had a most enjoyable meal here. The portions were ample and not over expensive. In addition it was well presented by friendly and attentive staff. However an additional gravy boat would have been appreciated by those enjoying the roast beef. Excellent ales and choice of wines. The inn itself is quite spacious, pleasantly decorated, spotlessly clean and situated in lovely surroundings.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
wickford
Reviewed 16 October 2013

A very attractive inn in beautiful surroundings. The pub had a good atmosphere and the staff were friendly enough. The meal I had, which was a mushroom burger, was quite tasty but I wasn't keen on it being served on a wooden board. I had a cup of chips, a cup with salad in it and the burger was in the middle of the board. Had I have had a saw with me I could have cut the board into halves, made it into a decent size to empty the cups onto and made myself a plate, then I would have had room to empty the 2 sachets of brown sauce on to it to dip my chips into. The waitress was very speedy walking away almost before our order was placed, I'm sure she was busy.
The room was ok but a little dated. The tray with refreshments on was under the television and there was no free power point to plug the kettle in to. I moved it to the other side of the room and made our drinks whilst kneeling on the floor.
The bathroom wasn't designed very well, no ledges to rest toiletries on so these had to go on the carpeted????? floor. The shower cubicle was barely big enough to move in and the free standing towel rail wasn't close enough to easily reach your towel without dripping all over the carpet. The only way I could shower properly was to take the shower head off it's bracket and hose myself down, something wrong with the angle or maybe because the cubicle was too small to stand far enough away.
The bed was rock hard as were the pillows. The corridors were a bit messy, things just seemed to be laying around the place.
We paid £60 for the room for one night which I know isn't expensive but the place could be so much better with some attention to detail.
I wouldn't stay there again

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank quslt
Wickford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 October 2013

I have no real big complaints , but there are things that I feel need to be done, to make it better and more welcoming. You have every right to disagree, but respect others opinions. There has been some good reviews , but standards these days need need to be high .It wasnt expensive but the next night we stayed somewhere else for an extra fifteen pounds and got so much more for our money.

The Bar lacked a welcoming atmosphere,my opinion again. The food was just ok pub grub, with no complaints about taste. But why do they serve bits of your food in different pots, baskets and on bits of wood, it does not make it taste better, it just makes it harder and fiddly to eat. Put it all on one plate please.

Everyone was polite, and ok, but is just being ok good enough, I don't think it is.
The rooms. Ok and clean. Dated but ok, TV too small, needs to be bigger and on the wall facing bed. Wallpaper in bathroom was comming off wall in places, and a section not painted behind toilet. Attention to detail please and easy to fix. The bed was like sleeping on a wooden board, it's the hardest bed I have ever slept in.
There are signs that say free WI-fi , good luck on connecting to that. Phone signal ok on O2 if you stand on a chair and hang out of the window facing south. With a coat hanger on your head

As I said its, ok, but I expect more for My money. It's set in a lovely position in a valley, and lovely looking place from the outside. We have just read that there has been a ghost seen visited our room we stayed in, we are glad they did not tell us that before we slept.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Stevohammo
Looe, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 October 2013

Would like to say a massive thank you to all at The Copley Arms for providing us with a wedding reception to remember, everything was superb, the decoration, the food, the service and the room and breakfast....what a truly amazing place......thank you from the bottom of our hearts
Stephen and Kathy Eagleton

• Stayed October 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Torpoint
Whitsand Bay Hotel
Hannafore Point Hotel
Little Fox Hotel
Little Fox Hotel
#1 of 2 in Crafthole

Been to Copley Arms? Share your experiences!