“Out of this world food, lovely, happy, bubbly blonde waitress.”
Review of Carbeile Inn

Carbeile Inn
Ranked #22 of 31 Restaurants in Torpoint
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Cornwall
“Out of this world food, lovely, happy, bubbly blonde waitress.”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

We visit the Carbeile whenever my in laws come down from Dorset, they absolutely love the place as do we, and always request we go for food.
The food is absolutely out of this world and a really lovely young blonde, happy bubbly waitress adds to the atmosphere and setting.
My in laws loved the fact that on our last visit (Sunday 27th July 2014) the lovely blonde waitress remembered them, this made their day, nothing was too much for the young lady and she certainly is an asset to the pub.
My only complaint would be of a young brunette waitress who took our desert order, she forgot my coffee and when I raised this couldn't have been anymore uninterested or sarcastic. It's a shame that she clearly didn't want to be working and seemingly seemed uninterested and made me feel very awkward for mentioned the lack of my coffee. We did not let this "blip" ruin our visit as up until that point we had had an amazing visit with excellent service.
We will return soon and hope that we are again served by the lovely, friendly waitress.
Perhaps the brunette young lady could take some tips from the blonde young lady - I only wish I had her name as she is a real credit to the setting.

• Visited July 2014
diasy, Owner at Carbeile Inn, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Thank-you for your review. We're pleased that you enjoy visiting the Carbeile and hope we continue to see you. Your comments have been drawn to the attention of the staff concerned.

Torpoint, United Kingdom
“Steak night ”
Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

My husband and I decided to come along tonight for steak night. 2 steaks with all the trimmings and a bottle of house wine for £20. The
Staff were all helpful and friendly the steak was cooked to perfection and was absolutely to die for. Our compliments to the chef! Very happy customers who will be back.

diasy, Owner at Carbeile Inn, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Thank-you for the review for our Monday steak night offer. We're pleased you enjoyed your evening.
Plymouth, United Kingdom
“Wedding evening”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Would like to thank all the staff at the Carbielle Inn for giving excellent service on my son's wedding evening. fantastic facility, great food & lovely weather. Thanks again & look forward to a visit for Sunday lunch

Visited July 2014
diasy, Owner at Carbeile Inn, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
It was a pleasure to host the wedding reception for such a lovely couple. Our congratulations to them both.
Plymouth, United Kingdom
“lunch for two adults”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Dropped in without booking as this large premises usually has plenty of room on a weekday lunchtime. Fine, hot day, so sat outside on the terrace under a brolly which was ideal. The wide menu offered a tempting selection as we have found before, and we both enjoyed the food. There is a garden below where mums bring their toddlers and it was full of happy noises; there were no smokers in our vicinity, so the whole experience was very nice.
Service as in the past is timely and attentive without being overbearing. It will always be a regular eaterie for us midweek for lunch as long as it stays in the same safe hands.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Derek C
diasy, Owner at Carbeile Inn, responded to this review, 27 July 2014
Thank-you for another kind review. It is nice to know when customers feel we are doing things right as well as when they feel we do things wrong! At our other pub we have designated outside smoking areas and we are considering doing the same at the Carbeile.
“Very poor”
Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

My sister & myself really want the Carbeille to be a success. But having eaten here on a few occasions I doubt this will happen under the current owners. The banner on the outside states Rob ? & Lesley offer you a warm welcome. Rob does not even give a luke warm welcome & just stands behind the bar with his arms folded. One Sunday when we were having lunch the owners were actually sitting in the dining area having their own lunch. Very unprofessional. Other local pubs are open all day from mid morning but not the Carbeille. We have had food served on cold plates & cracked plates. Chips are always overcooked. On one occasion I ordered my favourite dish of risotto. I was served a potion of rice a fillet of salmon & some prawns when I complained to the waitress she did not even know what a rissotto was. Need I say more. It's such a shame as I really would love to visit my local. But are now travelling a bit further afield to get a very warm welcome & excellent food

5 Thank Lynn J
diasy, Owner at Carbeile Inn, responded to this review, 26 July 2014
Rob and I have now been given the long term tenancy of the Carbeile and will be able to continue our investment of both our time and money in the Carbeile with a refurbishment planned for later this year - unfortunately with 5 different owners in 3 years much now needs doing. Each of our chefs has their own specials board and I have checked with Diane (our ex-navy chef) as to whether she has changed the risotto recipe and it is as it has always been - freshly made from Arborio rice, cooked in stock and wine, with king prawns and a whole fillet of fresh salmon, this is not a pre-prepared brought in dish which often has flaked fish mixed in with the rice but a freshly prepared dish presented as the chef desires. I will always give full support to our staff, the majority of whom were trained by previous owners and we are gradually bringing up to our own standards - we do not expect our 16 year old waiting staff to have to deal with problems but for them to refer them to the senior member of staff present, if this was not done please accept our apologies. New crockery was introduced earlier this year - a considerable expense for premises this size. With regard to Rob and myself taking our late Sunday lunch in the dining room, most customers appreciate seeing us enjoying the same food as themselves and, believe it or not, we are allowed to enjoy a meal sometime during our 7am to 11pm (or later!) day. The Carbeile is open for the hours when it is viable to do so and we currently operate some 103 hours per week, with guests enjoying food from breakfast (7:30-9:00), lunch (12:00-3:00) to evening meals (6:00-9:00pm). We are also available for group food bookings and coffee mornings by prior arrangement. We are sorry that you have been dissatisfied by the service and food at the Carbeile but pleased that you have found somewhere more to your liking - the Liscawne is a lovely venue (though they also have had problems with Tripadvisor reviewers!) and, from your review of the Liscawne they obviously give you the attention you feel is lacking at the Carbeile, a much larger, busier venue where it is more difficult, even with the best of intentions, to give everybody individual attention while serving a usual 140+ Sunday lunches. Rob is usually in the kitchen or supervising staff when he is in his chefs clothes, his preferred role is to be behind the bar 'in civvies' while working, supervising and socialising, hence we are advertising for a third chef.