“Food is tasty”

Ranked #3 of 31 Restaurants in Torpoint
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 21 April 2014

This is a lovely addition to Torpoint High Street and a perfect place to grab a cuppa and something to eat.

The menu is varied with lots of choice. Cakes very tempting. Specials board always looks inviting.

Prices were revised earlier this year so don't visit as often as I would like as food plus a drink soon adds up but its a delightful place and somewhere I always look forward to visiting when I can't be bothered to cook.

There are newer reviews for Hearts Kitchen

Reviewed 28 March 2014

Had visited several times last year and was very impressed. Unfortunately re-visited last week with two friends. Had to repeat order several times , the lady then blamed the till for being too complicated. Two of our orders then turned up without all items stated on menu. The third had a black hair included. When brought to the attention of the same lady at till, there was no apology just the response of "I'll get you another". Won't be returning

Reviewed 19 November 2013

Needed breakfast whilst visiting friends in Torpoint. Previously (about 6 months ago), when I visited Harts Cafe - had a great breakfast and service was exceptional.
Warm reception from staff upon entrace to Harts and ordered our breakfast. Found an table, two mugs of tea were brought to the table - was expecting a pot of tea for two. Whilst waiting for breakfast, I ordered tea for two, as it seemed a long wait for breakfast and we had drank the mugs of tea - this time the tea arrived in a china tea pot (how tea should be served). Breakfast arrived 25 - 30 mins after ordering, taking into consideration there were only 3 other couples there, it was a long wait. When breakfast arrived, the contents were cold (egg, sausage, bacon, tomatoes, beans and mushroom), but the sauted potatoes were hot. The toast was barely toasted.
We should have returned our breakfast as another couple did due to their breakfast was also served cold.
Overall it was a big disappointment and I would not recommend Harts to anyone after my experiance on this visit. The staff were not attentive or customer focused - disappointed as on previous visit, the staff were of the opposite mode.

6  Thank Ragbeer S
Reviewed 10 November 2013

Fantastic service, amazing food. Wonderful decor and great views over the Tamar. Children's play area makes this place extremely family friendly. There's even art work on offer to buy. What was extra special was the specials of the day for example the 'line caught mackerel'. The cakes are delicious and all home made. Extensive range of drinks from fantastic coffee and healthy smoothies also on offer. Overall great atmosphere and relaxed, chic ambience with exceptional value for amazing food.

Reviewed 2 September 2013

I do though, I love this cafe. I visit quite regularly, unfortunately usually on my way home from the gym. This is not a good thing if you have as little will power as I do.
My favourite thing though? The array of freshly baked cakes and buns available every day. These will be my downfall... Although I believe, if you balance the cake with one of their luscious fruit smoothies, that makes everything okay.

The cafe also offers freshly prepared meals, from an all day breakfast, which is beautiful to daily specials for lunch. Those I have tried - beef tacos, Thai chicken skewers, amongst others - have always tasted fresh and vibrant and been the perfect portion size, not too overpowering but just enough that you don't leave feeling disappointed.
The staff are always friendly and attentive and I am more than happy to spend my money there. This place is a real asset to the town.