“Interesting”

The Great Spirit Circle Trail
More attraction details
Owner description: The Great Spirit Circle Trail specializes in Authentic Aboriginal Experiences that exhibit the culture and traditions of the Anishinaabe people of the Manitoulin Island – Sagamok Region for independent travellers, families and all group sizes. While visiting, you will be hosted by local Aboriginal people who are proud to share a true reflection of the region from their perspective as the original inhabitants – the Ojibwe, Odawa and the Pottawatomi peoples. Visit our website to view our fantastic experiences, and be prepared for a memory of a lifetime as you Experience the Past, and Enjoy the Present.
Bern, Switzerland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Interesting”
Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

We joined the Medicine walk which is one hour. It started with a nice Cedar tea and a bread. We then learned a lot about how the plants can be used for medical purposes, and also a bit about indigenous Canadian culture in more general. We walked through the forest and our knowledgeable guide showed us some plants, how to identify them and what they can be used for. We enjoyed it a lot. Highly recommended!

Visited June 2014
2 Thank BMger

Toronto, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Amazing Experience!!! Must Do!!!”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

My friend and I have had such an amazing time going for a guided hike to the Cup & Saucer Trail with our wonderful and very helpful guide Steve who not just shared educational legends with us but also brought treats for us to enjoy and get refreshed with! Steve was a true gentleman all the way! Thank you Steve. :)

But that was not all! A very helpful and cheerful Joanne has helped my friend with all the bookings and directions to their center. She is of a beautiful spirit and always greeted us with a smile! Thank you Joanne. :)

And finally an amazing story & legend teller Falcon really did an excellent job portraying his cultural history. He thought us how to cook traditional bread and was another wonderful human being who truly, truly welcomed all people to enjoy his culture.

I say you must experience what The Great Spirit Circle Trail team of dedicated individuals has to offer!!! :D

Alma H.

Visited May 2014
2 Thank MalaAlma
Edmonton, Canada
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Peaceful”
Reviewed 16 January 2014

I was on Manitoulin Island (in M'Chigeeng) for business and had been away from home for a few weeks when someone mentioned that I might wish to explore the island a bit. She took me to many of the museums on the island and we travelled along the Great Spirit Trail and did something called Geo-caching (you use your GPS or map, to search for hidden containers).

At the end of the day (two days actually) I was completely relaxed and felt more like myself.

Worth the time and definitely one of the best experiences of my life.

Visited February 2013
2 Thank Rene G
Sudbury, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent Experience”
Reviewed 28 October 2013

I am a first year medical student at the Northern Ontario School of Medicine and for my orientation week my class and I had the opportunity to participate in the Great Spirit Circle Trail. This was a fantastic component of the orientation week and one of the top rated activities of the week. As a whole students (including myself) felt that the time spent was very engaging, worthwhile, and informative. I would strongly recommend this activity to other travellers.

-NOSM Students

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Meaghan D
Grimsby, Ontario, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Can't wait to do more!”
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Went to the Island for a couple of nights with 3 children... found the Great Spirit Circle Trail online and booked 2 of our children (aged 9 and 11) in the medicine bag craft... or so I thought. It was so much more than a craft. Steve spoke to us before the medicine bag started and we wished we had booked ourselves into an activity!! He shared the most amazing traditional bread with warm berries in its natural juice with all of us. We then left the children in Steve’s care (we had a non-patient 2 year old!!). The children loved Steve’s stories and learned so much from him but also told us what a great listener he was as they shared their own life stories and experiences with Steve. They made their traditional medicine bag and put tobacco and smudge into them. They didn’t stop talking about the activity all weekend! When we returned to pick the children up we had a very nice conversation with Steve where he shared so much and showed interest in what we had to say. We definitely will be booking a hike for our next visit to the Island. We left completely intrigued by the first nation culture. Steve was such an amazing person, we can’t say enough about him. This was definitely our highlight of Manitoulin Island!

Visited October 2013