“Excellent Night's stay !!”

Southbay Gallery & Guesthouse
Ripley, Ontario, Canada
“Excellent Night's stay !!”
Reviewed 27 August 2014

My wife and I enjoyed our stay at the Southbay Gallery and Guesthouse. Our room was excellent, the environment was quite and peaceful. A short walk to the ferry dock, as well as to some local restaurants. Our host Brenda was wonderful, and we enjoyed some conversation with our breakfast. We hope to return to Southbay Mouth again soon and will stay here again. Thanks !!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Newmarket, Canada
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We stayed at the Southbay Guesthouse B&B and our host,Brenda, made our stay enjoyable. The guesthouse is quaint and very comfortable. I enjoyed visiting the Gallery.....there are so many different pieces of art and handwork completed by local artists that it is hard to choose.... We had an array of healthy foods presented at breakfast. Brenda is very personable and makes your stay unique...not to mention the info that she tells you about the island.

Room Tip: We had to have a tv for the soccer games........be sure and ask
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Sarnia, Canada
Reviewed 4 July 2014

If you have never had a more than a super experience while staying in a guest house, this
place takes the cake.
My wife and I came to Southbay Guest house, and to our surprise, we got treated like family.
More than family... in fact, we were treated with such care and friendly service.
We will most definately come again next time we come to the island.
Thanks to Brenda, for she gave us a memory that we will not soon forget.

Yours to discover folks,
We did and we were so blessed!

Don and Olive

Room Tip: Rooms on south side is very quiet!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 August 2013 via mobile

Southbay Guesthouse is a nice place to stay. The service and breakfast are exellent. And Brenda is a great host, welcoming and very helpful with questions about beautiful places on Manitoulin. If we had more time, then we had stayed here a few days longer.

• Stayed August 2013
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 27 August 2013

I started my summer vacation with a stay at Southbay Gallery & Guesthouse B & B. What a great way to decompress from work and life in the big city! The room was beautifully decorated, and cozy. The bed was 'just like home'. Brenda is the perfect hostess. She was full of tips and information about the island, and most gracious with her time. Breakfast was delicious~all fresh/all local. YUM I had a wonderful stay and will most certainly return to spend a longer visit next summer. The gallery was awesome!!

Room Tip: Opps I accidentally clicked for Spa and Fitness Centre when there were none, then I could not unclic...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 22 August 2013

After spending a week at a rental with 5 others, My husband and I stayed at Brenda's in the cottage. I enjoyed sitting outside finishing a book while he had the best afternoon nap ever. The pleasant music drifting from the Gallery was the added touch that made for total relaxation. The accommodation is clean, comfortable, cozy and tastefully decorated with interesting pieces of furniture and art. The dining room has down home charm and a delicious breakfast for a great start for the day. I've stayed twice before in different rooms and would go back to any one of them. The Gallery has wonderful moderately priced hand made Canadian goods and art that made for easy early Christmas shopping for the gifts that I have to get. Can't wait for a return visit. I've attached a few photos from previous visits. The outdoor area allows for socializing when you want to, or not as I chose on this visit. Having WiFi was a bonus too!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Kincardine, Canada
Reviewed 29 August 2012

Stayed here for two nights on our way home from Killarney Park so that we could explore Manitoulin Island and be close to the ferry. Would recommend staying an extra night or two to make the most of it. Brenda is very helpful and friendly, and she gave us plenty of tips about hikes, places to visit, and restaurants (either within walking distance or a short drive away). We enjoyed our comfortable room in The Pottery and Diane provided an extensive and healthy breakfast - very good coffee. Brenda's Gallery promotes a wide selection of Canadian arts and crafts - something for everyone at most price points. Would stay here again for sure.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
#2 of 2 in Massey
Evergreen Resort
Evergreen Resort
#1 of 3 in Gore Bay

Been to Southbay Gallery & Guesthouse? Share your experiences!