“Gorgeous Boutique Hotel”
Review of Beaufort House

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Adelong
Beaufort House
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Adelong
Melbourne, Australia
“Gorgeous Boutique Hotel”
Reviewed 7 August 2013

Adelong is in one of the prettiest regions of Australia and perfectly placed for travel from or between both Sydney and Melbourne. A cruise up the Hume from Melbourne, stopping for lunch in Beechworth and there you are Beaufort House before you know it. Impressive and dripping with architectural features on the outside, it's a hint of what is to come when you step inside. The atmosphere is amazing yet so very welcoming and comfortable and a lot to take in. I was greeted by Cynthia, who is a delight and passionate about Adelong and the surrounding area. Take Cynthia's advice on things to do in the area. From easy drives, stopping at hidden forest walks, wineries and cafes along the way to drives to the better-known tourist destinations, Cynthia is a font of knowledge. The accommodation is exceptional. Sleep in the comfiest beds amongst antiques from Australia and Europe, each bedroom beautifully decorated with a different theme. I loved the country-house touches that made me feel like a welcome house guest, like the decanter of port and crystal glasses with chocolate chip cookies in the bedroom. Head downstairs to the restaurant for the yummiest coffee and cakes anytime of day and scrumptious lunch and dinner menus. Nothing pretentious but a little different from the norm and using fresh local produce all beautifully prepared. As if that isn't enough, there is the wine bar, too! There was absolutely nothing amiss at Beaufort House. Cynthia and Ric have set the Boutique Hotel standard very high indeed and I recommend Beaufort House without hesitation.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Kari777
drag0nfly01, Owner at Beaufort House, responded to this review, 7 August 2013
Thank you most kindly Kari for your most positive and encouraging review. To know that you enjoyed our environment, services and region is fantastic, and we thank you also for sharing this for others. We most certainly look forward to seeing you return!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Sydney Olympic Park, Australia
Reviewed 7 August 2013

What a beautiful, quiet and peaceful time we experienced upon our weekend stay. Great to get away from all the hustle and bustle of life and to just escape for a few days to absolute peace. Warm bedrooms, clean bathrooms, and our friendly host Cynthia who couldn't do enough to make us as welcome as possible. Fantastic food downstairs in the restaurant along with a great bottle of wine to compliment. Looking forward to returning again.

Room Tip: The Paris corner room is large and sunny and further away from any extra noise
1 Thank Franca P
drag0nfly01, Owner at Beaufort House, responded to this review, 7 August 2013
Allow us to thank you Franca for your review and the time taken to do so. We really are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us, and the experience and services we provide. It will be wonderful to see you return again in the future.
Sydney
Reviewed 25 July 2013 via mobile

From the moment Cynthia answered the door to greet us, I knew I had made a great choice of accommodation. From the decor, ambiance & hospitality to the food & wine, Beaufort House is the perfect place to stay.

Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JAS4465
drag0nfly01, Owner at Beaufort House, responded to this review, 26 July 2013
Thank you so very much for taking the time to post a review, and for such positive feedback. It's wonderful to have couples like yourselves enjoy Beaufort House, and we hope to see you back again in the future!
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 15 July 2013

What a weekend! Stayed at Beaufort House last weekend. Upon arrival, we received a warm welcome from owners, Rick and Cynthia. The rooms were unbelievably gorgeous, very clean and yes, very inviting. We were relaxed the moment we walked in. The food was exceptional and the wine bar was stunning. Nothing was out place, we felt the care and love that the owners have for this place. The menu, the decor, the room we were in, and all the other rooms, were elegantly presented. I can attribute waking up and looking and feeling radiant to the beautifully comfortable bed and the warm, cozy room. We were only a few hours from Sydney and yet we felt like we were overseas. It was sad leaving as it meant going back to our busy lifestyle, but, hey, Beaufort House in Adelong is so close to Sydney, we will definitely make it a habit to keep going back, a perfect place for a weekend getaway.

1 Thank Nelia Z
drag0nfly01, Owner at Beaufort House, responded to this review, 15 July 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience of Beaufort House, and we are thrilled that you enjoyed your time with us. It is wonderful to get such positive feedback, and we certainly hope to see you return very soon!
Reviewed 13 July 2013

Our stay at Beaufort House was exceptional!

Outstanding service was given at all times by owner Cynthia as she was very welcoming, helpful and accommodating to our every need.

The beautiful rooms and lounges were so inviting and made us feel so relaxed during our stay.

We definately recommend staying Beaufort House if traveling through Adelong if your looking for exceptional service and a lovely place to stay!

• Stayed July 2013
drag0nfly01, Owner at Beaufort House, responded to this review, 13 July 2013
Thank you again for having chosen Beaufort House for your getaway. It was a pleasure having you both stay with us, and we are thrilled that you enjoyed yourselves at our establishment. Hopefully we'll see you return again in the future!
Glenbrook, Australia
Reviewed 9 July 2013

We stayed at Beaufort House for our anniversary last weekend It was the perfect place to stay.. we enjoyed the peace and quiet as well as the beautiful house and what a beauitful area of NSW its in... the drives around Adelong are stunning .. The food, wine and coffee were all very good ... We would stay there again in a heart beat....
Susan & John

drag0nfly01, Owner at Beaufort House, responded to this review, 9 July 2013
Thank you Susan and John, it was great meeting you both. It is wonderful to have such positive feedback. We are thrilled to know that you enjoyed your anniversary weekend with us, and look forward to seeing you again in the future!
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 30 June 2013

Making the booking:
From the moment Cynthia (owner) answered my call, I was extremely impressed with the way she spoke to me, the attentiveness was authentic and she genuinely took an interest in establishing my needs and it was not hard to feel her warmth over the telephone line!!!

Arriving at Beaufort House:
We arrived that night around 8:30pm, even though it was way after business hours Cynthia greeted us with a lovely smile and welcomed us to Beaufort. She then took the time to take us on a tour of the place going through every aspect of where everything are, how things work, and finally showing us our room.

Arriving at our room:
The room was lovely, we loved the furniture, the smell, the quality of the thick towels etc, Cynthia even had the heater going for the whole day just to ensure that when we arrived the room is nice and warm! Cynthia also prepared red wine for us and had it already decanted.

Going down for Dinner:
By the time we got downstairs for dinner it was almost 9:00pm and kitchen closes that night at 9:00pm. Without rushing, or complaining. Cynthia assured us that we wouldn't be going to bed hungry, again she took the time and went though the whole "Vienna" menu with us so that we could make an informed decision on what we wish to eat. To top it up, Cynthia recommended us a bottle of red which I forgot the name but it just complimented the food so well that I ate to the point that I could feel food coming up!

The food:
Preparation time was prompt, but not fast. Once I had that food on my table I understood why it was not fast, not sure of the dishes but it was a plater and I have to say, it was YUM and I would drive there from Melbourne to just eat it again! Through out dinner, Cynthia not once asked us to hurry because it was like 10 o'clock at night, I started a conversation with her and she was an absolute different person, in a good way and I have to say I've learnt quite a few things off her especially customer service wise. The women is full of knowledge, in wine, food, people, the lot.

Morning:
Woke up, sun was shinning on my bed through the beautiful curtains, had a lovely shower, VERY good pressure and water was very hot and that's very important for me. Bed was firm yet soft so I woke up feeling great.

Breakfast:
We went to the "European style" kitchen area, and had toast which was complimentary, what I was impressed was that all jams etc were local and bread, juice, coffee, tea, etc were all complimentary. Usually in other hotels, complimentary items are cheap white brand but not at the Beaufort, bread along there were a couple of different choices including whole grain.

Down to the loby:
"Good morning Gordon!" said by the lovely Cynthia, I was impressed through out and now she even remembers my first name! Cynthia then spent around 20 minutes working with my Partner and I on what we like and our interest, she took out a map and told us where all the attractions are and where we could get local produces like hand made blueberry pancakes which was lovely.

End of the Day:
We had a great day exploring the region and realised that there are actually a lot of things to do there!

Dinner:
Sunday was Pizza night, I dislike pizzas and that's it but Cythia assured me that they were "proper" pizzas so I believed her and she did not lie. Those things tasted heavenly.

Conclusion:
By visiting this place, I learnt a lot. Ate a a lot, drank a lot, met a lot of nice people and had a lot of fun. Will definitely visit again!

Room Tip: All rooms are great!
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
drag0nfly01, Owner at Beaufort House, responded to this review, 30 June 2013
I can't begin to thank you enough for the wonderful and detailed review Gordon. Your compliments, knowing that you enjoyed yourselves here, and throughout this region, is most important to us, and encouraging. It is great to know that your experience here is a memorable one, and we do hope to see you return again in the future. Once again, thank you most kindly for sharing with your review.

Been to Beaufort House? Share your experiences!