“Very relaxing vacation”

Ballina Beach Village
Ranked #14 of 20 Hotels in Ballina
Reviewed 4 March 2012

My partner and I spent a lovely handful of days relaxing in one of the Beach Village cabins. We wanted a quite, no-fuss holiday and that's exactly what we got. We spent most of our time relaxing, reading and walking on the beach.

Facilities were clean and in great working order, staff were freindly and courteous, and a great bonus that your best canine friends are welcome.

Thanks, will visit again.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 4 March 2012

I recently stayed at the Ballina Beach Village during the January holiday period. This was after being recommended this as a good gateway to the Northern Rivers by a close friend who stayed here in November. Having made my booking sight unseen I came to trip advisor to see other peoples opinions and was greeted with mixed reviews. With that in mind I can honestly comment that I was more then just pleasantly surprised with my stay and would recommend this as a fantastic holiday destination. Unlike some others who seemed to think that a holiday park is in the same vein as a five star resort this destination has a high value for money ratio.

Let me start at the beginning.

We stayed in cabin number six and found this much to our liking. Clean with a bright fresh décor we thoroughly enjoyed it. We had consistent Wi-Fi access though I must admit it tapered off as we walked to the beach (googling on my phone). The beach!!! This is a fantastic strip of sand, the kind of beach you can walk down hand in hand with a loved one with out feeling self conscious from the hordes of people that is usually found in such a beautiful place (cheesey sure, but true). All of which is only 2 minutes walk away.

The parks amenities surpass the norm with the abundance of facilities. The toilet block is clean and has nice ambient music playing through out and the open aired camp kitchen area is large and fosters a communal atmosphere which is great for families and friends to get to know each other.

The café is great and though I stayed away from any deep fried delicousness (damn you cholesterol) there was more than enough on the menu to please even the most sensitive of palettes. Pro tip: ask for something vegetarian, my partner did and she loved. Topping off the café is the outdoor seating arrangement with the unexpectant live music that played. This was completely out of left field for me and after the day walking on the beach and hiring of a bike to ride down to the jetty, it was a fantastic way to sit back and relax and enjoy my evening.

As for other peoples comments on the managers I have nothing but respect for their professional attitudes and hospitality. The few times I spoke to Rikki it was clear she was under the pump from the high work load but she answered every question I had and even offered advice for things to do and see in the area. The male manager was of a similar ilk with his endearing dog. He happily came to our cabin and patiently explained how to use the cable tv and I bet he gets this nearly every day but he was still more than happy to help us which in my book is a thumbs up and worth commenting on here.

All in all a great trip and will definitely return again

Room Tip: Stayed in cabin 6 and loved it. ask for close to wifi if you intend to use the internet.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Steve V
Reviewed 1 March 2012

We bought a voucher deal and four of us had a cabin for three nights. The cabin was very clean and quite suitable for us all. It had air conditioning, a decent sized fridge, good cooking facilities, dining table etc - all you need for a weekend away. A short walk to the beautiful beach. We enjoyed yummy burgers on the cafe deck whilst being entertained by a great pianist and singer who offered his playlist and we selected what we wanted to hear and had a good old sing along. Very relaxed atmosphere. Staff were very friendly and helpful. A great getaway from the rat race. Thanks for a lovely time and a generous deal.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 February 2012

We had a wonderful experience at this camping ground. Huge area to put up your tent, facilities were very clean all in working order, huge kitchen facilities and the staff were so friendly and helpful. Highly recommend for a family getaway. Although we didn't have a dog all the dogs were so well behaved and not a problem at all.

Reviewed 26 February 2012

We had booked a camping weekend at Ballina Beach Village with another 3 families. We had always wanted to visit this area and the camping vouchers being offered attracted us to make this booking
The park is pretty run down with limited toilet and shower facilities for the number of sites it has. The facilities are very old and many things are in poor condition or broken. Management has no people skills and were very rude. We had a weber bbq and were told we could make a fire in it and were sold the wood for this purpose at $15.00 a bag. A few other camp sites had fires going as well. Less than an hour later the manager comes around and demands that the fire be put out. The bad attitude and poor service given at this park spoilt our weekend break and we will never return here.

5  Thank rosaline n
BallinaBV, Owner at Ballina Beach Village, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2012

This is the same review from the group that were sanctioned for noise and behaviour after 5 other compaints about them. We reitierate no noise after 10pm, reasonable noise during the day, fire must be done in such a way as to not make other campsites unlivable, and respect other guests campsites - don't walk through them, go into their tents etc. This grop is unwelcome to return as they disturb the peace and quiet of the village

Reviewed 25 February 2012

My son and I wanted to spend a few days together and get away from the normal routine.
We stayed in a cabin and could not of been more happy with the place. I was pleasantly surprised with the entertainment and the standard of the food served at the cafe. I can suggest
bringing bikes as there is a spectacular bike ride along the river for about 20k's. I ride a lot in Europe and I rate this ride really highly, although hard to compare one ride with another this has fantastic views, a good surface and virtually no traffic.
I love the way the place is surrounded by so much nature with the beach only a short walk along a walking track.
My son loved the place and is planning on getting two of the cheaper cabins for
him and his friends one weekend.

Craig.

Reviewed 24 February 2012

Just came back from a 4 day retreat at ballina beach village and it was excellent. the beach is outstanding and the venue is extremely peaceful. Had an awesome retreat.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
BallinaBV, Owner at Ballina Beach Village, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2014

Hello Lisa, Thank you so much for your review. Yes the beach is amazing. About 30kms in length, if the tide is right you can drive all the way to Lennox Head. One of the few beaches where a permit isn’t required for a 4WD. Thank you for staying with us, many blessings for the New Year.