“Peacefull Place”

Ranked #10 of 20 Hotels in Ballina
Burleigh Heads, Australia
“Peacefull Place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2013

Our family of five were recentley there in October 2013. We stayed in a superior room with ensuite. The owner/Mngr placed our cabin across from the pool, amenities etc, so it was an easy walk around the park. We had our own room with sliding door and the kids had a triple bunk bed. All clean. As usual, the 2 year old was sick, the 5 year old had an absolute ball as there were plenty of kids around to play with, but the 14 year old was bored as we refused to get Wifi! Breakfast everymorning at the cafe was delish! and so were the coffee's. Loved the fact we took the 4WD straight onto the beach, however I doubt u can swim in that beach. It was a short drive to Lennox Head, and other attractions of Ballina (pools with slide). The kids absolutley loved paying the ferryman too!
If you're going to stay more than 3 days, and you're going to getting in the car and looking around, buy a 5 day pass for the ferryman as it can add up!

Room Tip: Try to get a cabin across from the amenities, works well when you're all in a rush to go somewhe...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
BallinaBV, Owner at Ballina Beach Village, responded to this review, 22 November 2013
Thank you Chardy for your review (all the way from Perth). You have a lovely family and we very much enjoyed having you with us. Your kids had a ball! That is what we just love to see. Yes the 4WD track is terrific – it is maintained by our dear friends at National Parks and Wildlife who do a great job for tourists to the area, with an all weather road to the beach. Best of all no permit is required to drive on the beach here. Hope to see you again soon, you are welcome back anytime. Kindest regards and many blessings, Rikki and the team.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2013

We stayed one night at the superior cabin which we found did not match the description on the website. The cabin is compact, clean and basic (but does have air-con, wifi, TV) which are all good things, but there is not a double bedroom, but a small room that just fits a double bed, there is not an ensuite, but a single bathroom (that is external to the bedroom), there is not a separate bunk bedroom but two bunks in a corridor, the accommodation for six is a bit of a stretch as that means the other two people would be on the lounge. The description of a Balinese decor is an absolute joke - decor? what decor?? a picture of a frangipani and a cane basket. The kitchen equipment was basic, very. No extras anywhere. Everything was done with an eye to cut costs and maximise profit, I felt. That's OK if you're charging people a budget rate. But for $185 a night, well, you kind of expect a bit more, and at the end of the day, you just feel ripped off.

We would have been much happier, content even, if the cabin has been accurately advertised. It serves no purpose promoting the cabin as something which it is not. It only makes the guests disappointed. We found paying $185 per night for 2 people for a basic cabin really very very overpriced.

On the upside, this place was beautifully quiet, the birds were wonderful and the beach and river so close by are magnificent. It is a shame that the beach is not for dogs nor for swimming really, as it looks quiet treacherous and unpatrolled. We didn't eat at the restaurant but the meals and atmosphere looked great.

Management were friendly enough and it is nice that they allow dogs. We found everything looking neat and clean. All the dogs and people were well-behaved :-)

I wish the website would list prices. Why don't they?? Why don't they show pictures of the insides of the superior cabins?????

It is a nice enough place but I wouldn't go back, something about it just didn't feel quite right, mostly the big price and the stinginess factor. I think the owners are really trying hard and are doing their best, but well ... I would recommend you go have a look before you stay, just so you know what you will be getting. It might be great for some people. There are certainly a lot of positive things about this place (but I don't think the 'superior' cabins is one of them).

Have a look at the prices for Ballina Lakeside Holiday Park - cabin prices there seem set at the right price. Cabin prices start from $70 night, for two people with bathroom around $100.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
5 Thank Mary T
BallinaBV, Owner at Ballina Beach Village, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
Thank you for your review and the many favourable things you say about us. However, you left out some important information. The superior cabins come with free bike hire for the whole family ($10 per person per bike, so potentially $40/$60 per day per how many days you stay that you don’t pay for), and the cabins are also bundled with free Austar and Wifi. So they have added value. As you booked and stayed during a peak period in the school holidays, our rates were on a parity with other properties in the area – however, you can’t have dogs at those properties – and there is a cost associated with that as well for us.

On our website you will find numerous photos of all the cabins – including the superior. While we have a full range of budget to superior cabins (fishermen’s being the most basic, and indeed aptly described) or our tipis through to pool burees (open plan cabins no bathrooms), budget family cabins with bathrooms, large family cabins with bathrooms, standard family cabins with and without linen,with bathrooms, the love shack, the couples retreat etc it goes on. So a full range of accommodation and choices and prices starting from $45. However, our superior cabins consistently book out sooner because of the value they represent for guests who want the extras. I would also note that there are two designs for the superior – as an alcove or as a two bedroom.

I know that when I spoke to you – you had wanted more of a Gold Coast experience – which as an eco village destination we are an environmental world away from. Our main function is as a Buddhist retreat and function centre and family friendly holiday village. We do both of these things very well indeed. We host yoga teacher trainings, personal growth retreats like Path of Love, Deva Premal and Miten, Diamond Way Buddhist Festival, Red Lodge Shamanic program and much more throughout the year. AND we are one of the top destinations by nights for tourism in the Northern Rivers.

In particular families feel safe and well accommodated – and that is our goal. To support our lovely families have the Great Aussie Beach Holiday in our wilderness paradise.

Kindest regards and many blessings,
Rikki and the team.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2013

A big thank you to Bernard, Rikki, and the staff for our second wonderful experience at the Ballina Beach Village. The kids loved the holiday and especially loved the close proximity to the beach ! It was an easy drive from Brisbane and very easy to find. The relaxing atmosphere and the hospitality was great. Looking forward to heading back soon to catch more fish off the beach !

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
BallinaBV, Owner at Ballina Beach Village, responded to this review, 2 November 2013
Thanks Mark for your time in reviewing our Village. I think you have hit the nail on the head – we are all about simple pleasures! Our family destination is about chilling out, fishing, walking, listening to the sound of the surf, the birds and the trees growing. Welcome to paradise. Pure air, pure water, pure environment. Of course you can also get a great meal in the restaurant and listen to some great music on the weekend. Holidays we do lots of fun things as well. But most of all it is about peace and quiet – rest, relax and rejuvenate for your hectic lives.See you back soon. Let us look after you. Best wishes to you and your lovely family, Rikki and the team.
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2013

Last minute booking, to go away in our Caravan, couldn't get anything near Brisbane. Had the Ballina Beach Village on my list from previous bookings. Lucky last spot we got, and we where thrilled. You feel like being away from the civilisation and still you not far away from what you need. We really relaxed, surrounded from Nature. Perfect Place for families, but also perfect for couples. Beach walk, Fishing,Boating and Meditation on one spot. It gave me Energy to concentrate on my business and motivated me to go back ASAP and organise a "What Women Want" Day with my Nutrimetics Group. I hope more Ladies can enjoy us and living the "Dream, helping other women", what we do. The staff is very busy to make everyone's stay comfortable. And what I really enjoyed was, by 10.00 pm the whole Park is quite and you can sleep like a Baby, to be fit for the next day of adventure. Don't miss it out

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
BallinaBV, Manager at Ballina Beach Village, responded to this review, 24 October 2013
Gabrielle from Brisbane, came in to thank us for the wonderful weekend, and dropped we girls a Nutrimetcis present to thank us for our hard work (it was crazzzzzzzzy busy over the October long weekend - we must have looked like crash test dummies by the time Gabrielle and her family left). Anyway I am hooked - I used all the presents and ordered some more from Gabriele who just ships my Nutrimetics order to me and I don't have to go shopping! Wow I am getting great serivce and I am really impressed by Nutrimetic products.

Anyway Gabrielle, thanks for your great review and I look forward to hosting your "What women want" Nutrimetics womens conference - a business retreat with all the trimmings - yoga, meditation, great food, beach walks, natural environment.

Look forward to you and the girls coming back. Thank you and yes I am ready to order some Nutrimetcis. Cheers and thank you for your kindness and thoughtfullness. Rikki the crash test dummy.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

I have always written very positive reviews about the village, and whilst nothing has changed in terms of the facilities and management, I feel that their prices have increased so much so rapidly that it is no longer a good value for money place to visit. This could be why it was only half full during school holidays when it was previously always very busy. Its a shame, but I feel there are better places to stay, with more to do, for far less money.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank TOOTSIETWO_11
BallinaBV, Owner at Ballina Beach Village, responded to this review, 24 October 2013
Hello Tootsie from Brisbane, thanks for the review - yes it is a super place to come and stay. Our prices have been the same for the past two years and yes due to pressure on us we are putting them up. I think you need to consider that first of all we are HUGE - and have hundreds of people here even when we are half full. We strictly limit the amount of people here, as this is one of the reasons why people come to us - they want elbow room. As one guest said "it is so nice not to be stuck on a dusty little cement box where you can hear everything you neighbour is saying and doing". Plus we allow dogs at all times of the year - and we like to give people and pooches space around their sites to esure that everyones amenity isn't disturbed. THIS IS A KEY SELLING POINT FOR OUR PARK AND PROBABLY WHY YOU CAME HERE. We are one of the number one destinations by nights in the Northern River - meaning we get more visitors that just about anywhere else. They can't all be wrong.

Bear in mind too that if we didn't have a $100,000 power bill per annum (that tells you how many people are here using electricity) and a $1,000 a day garbage removal costs during peak periods the prices would be much cheaper! And of course staff to run the cafe, kiosk and restaurant, full time maintenance manager, head of housekeeping, entertainers (we are one of the most consistent employers of musicians on the North Coast), 5 star chef - eeeeeeek. Seriously I am getting depressed here. Anyway - show me another park that does that.

Don't forget off peak we offer a stay for 7 pay for 5 deal, stay for 4 pay for 3 deal if you prebook only. So if you come at peak period as you did don't expect discounts. Cheers and no doubt see you again. Rikki and the team.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013

My wife and I spent four days at the Ballina Beach Village recently as part of a deal we picked up online that included a bottle of wine, lunch and breakfast. I can see why this place has gotten so many good reviews but this place isn't ideal for couples (hence my average rating). This place however would really shine as a family destination or as a destination where you would take the fellas and the fishing rods. All the families we saw there were having a great time and I wish my parents had taken me there when I was younger!

The cabin we stayed in was ok, it was clean and well put together and the only real downside was the salt water showers. The park itself is quite nice and has access to the beach and the staff were very friendly and accommodating. The meals we got there were the sorts of food I would have loved as a kid but the fatty bacon and eggs and the deep fried yellow seafood basket doesn't appeal to me, or my ageing heart as much as it once did. All in all, this place is in a nice, isolated location, perfect for a family holiday or fishing holiday away from the hustle and bustle of it all but is not really the best place to launch a couples exploration of the area from.

TIP: If you are coming from Brisbane you will probably want to take the ferry across from Ballina which costs $4.80 - quicker and more fun than the ~30km alternative.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
BallinaBV, Owner at Ballina Beach Village, responded to this review, 22 October 2013
Thank you for your terrific review, indeed you have hilighted what we are all about - families. The package you bought was indeed a family package for up to four in a standard cabin - but of course it is such good value, that many singles and couples buy it anyway. The bacon and egg breakfast and seafood basket lunch were a part of the package - however we have a wider cafe and restaurant menu that includes vegetarian options and other items more designed for the health conscious.

Because we do so many mind, body and spirit retreats there here we are experts in vegetarian food. Great salads too.

You are a very experienced Trip Advisor reviewer and I value your comments. With thanks, Rikki and the team.
Brunswick Heads NSW
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013

The moment I drove onto the little old fashioned ferry I knew that I was headed in the right direction. I wasn’t disappointed. BALLINA BEACH VILLAGE Hosts, Rikki and Bernard greeted me warmly and continued to impart good cheer throughout my stay. The Superior Cabin was indeed superior and great value – STAY 7 PAY FOR 5 – and it was spotless. The Village is large enough to give space and the beach totally unspoilt, encouraging long leisurely or energetic walks, or just a gentle sit with a book. Heaven for me and bliss for my little dog. It was also encouraging to see that all guest dogs were controlled by owners and still managed to be happy little pooches. Cook for yourself or enjoy Chef, Jason’s good food. I highly recommend BALLINA BEACH VILLAGE! What bliss....

Room Tip: Talk to Host, Rikki when making your booking. She was most helpful.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Valerie H
BallinaBV, Manager at Ballina Beach Village, responded to this review, 17 October 2013
Hello Valerie H, thank you for your great review. I am always delighted to have locals come and stay (can't tell you how many people from 4 kms come and camp and stay in cabins with us). As one guest said "why drive 8 hours when we can get to paradise in 10 minutes". Makes sense to me. Thank you for talking about our off peak special STAY FOR 7 PAY FOR 5; or STAY FOR 4 PAY FOR 3. This runs until 14 December and applies to all our accommodtion. Gee I think the theme of all the reviews lately has to be 'peace and quiet' which we specialise in. Thanks for your review, Rikki and the team. Many blessings.