“Brad70”

Ranked #4 of 20 Hotels in Ballina
Toowoomba, Australia
“Brad70”
Reviewed 5 June 2013

As a Sales Rep for a National company, I do lots of travelling staying in many different Hotels and Motels. I would like to commend the hosts of the Ballina Island Motor Inn on our recent stay. The recent stay involved a family function in the conference room. The quality of the food and service provided was exceptional and the refurbished rooms were extremely modern and comfortable.Breakfast in Lilly's Restaurant was delicious. I would highly recommend the Ballina Island Moter Inn to any prospective travellers.

Room Tip: Rooms were extremely clean. Thanks
1 Thank Brad H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Seaforth, Australia
Reviewed 5 June 2013

We recently stayed at this motor inn and was very happy with the clean and comfortable accommodation. The restaurant and bar areas looked newly updated and were tastefully furnished. The service and food was excellent.

The motor inn is close to local attractions like Byron Bay and Lennox Heads but in a quiet location away from the bustle of those places.

1 Thank Kaz_M62
Reviewed 4 June 2013

After commencing on a fun but tiring road trip that zigzagged from coastline to hinterland from Brisbane to Ballina with three kids in the back seat, it was so comforting to pull into our place of rest and recuperation for the evening.

Greeted by welcoming smiles and a reception boasting great decor, the kids couldn't wait until finding our room, they darted into the ladies toilet which showed that attention to cleanliness & detail was apparent in even the smallest things here, (mums notice things like that).

The restaurant looked spacious and welcoming and we couldn't wait for dinner. The rooms were clean, stylish and everything we needed was ready & waiting for us. Comfy beds, cosy sheets, extra blankets and pillows and a shower that had awesome pressure and instant heat, no waiting... Bonus!

Dinner was divine, every mouthful weather it be lamb, fish or chicken was devoured by us all, and so delicious, and with very little wait time. The hospitality received, second to none. Breaky for us was quick before hitting the road again, but once again, catering was great, yummy hot and delicious. What more could you want?

We were so tempted to top off our stay with a dip in the beautiful pool, surrounded by palms, but us North Qlder's felt the cold a little too much this time round.

We loved it. Hats off to the owners. We thank you for your attention to detail and for making our stay so memorable.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank MoonLighters
Canberra
Reviewed 3 June 2013

After reading the great reviews I was bitterly disappointed by the attitude of the hotelier. Upon checking in at 8:45pm, nothing was mentioned of the free breakfast. I called reception from the room to ask about it and was advised, in an unpleasant tone, that I'd needed to have ordered by 7pm, and that I would now have to come to reception at 7am to place my order. I queried that I would actually need to get up and go to reception at 7am. There was a huff and a "Well, if you give me your order now I'll bring it to your room." Service, just not with a smile. I subsequently went to the bathroom to find urine on the toilet seat. I then went to make a cup of tea, to find a pre-loved teaspoon with its dried puddle of tea. At this point I surveyed the room and bedding and was satisfied that the room was clean and these items had simply been missed. I cleaned them myself without particular concern. When checking out, the guy behind the counter asked how things were. My partner mentioned, politely and briefly that there had been urine on the seat and the cutlery was not cleaned. The lady from the night before suspended her phone call to inform us that "My girls don't do that, and your not doing a hotelier any favours by waiting to tell them until the morning." Complete denial, zero apology and a bit more of a serving from her and my partner interrupted to explain we weren't asking for anything, just thought we'd mention it. She again went off about not doing hoteliers any favours at which point we chose to walk out and she yelled "imbecile" after him. A truly unbelievable experience and one I wouldn't wish upon anybody else.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
7 Thank kaughtknee
Hobart
Reviewed 30 May 2013

I rarely write reviews, but in this case I was so impressed I felt the need to give credit when credit is due! My husband and I drove a camper from Hobart - Brisbane. It was absolutley bucketing down with rain the whole time and by the time we got to Ballina all I wanted was a warm shower and comfy bed. By luck we picked Ballina Island Motor Inn, the service was fantastic, nothing was an effort, we were made to feel so welcolme, something you rarely get these days. The room was spacious, clean and the bed was so comfy, I felt very much at home. We were hanging out for a nice meal after being on the road for days & the meal was lovely, we then had dessert back in our room. Even though we only stopped for a night I could of easily stayed for longer. Thank you so much!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Kim B, Owner at Best Western Ballina Island Motor Inn, responded to this review, 31 May 2013
Thank you for your review, we appreciate you taking the time to let other people know about our facilities here
Penrith, Australia
Reviewed 29 May 2013

This has to be the best hotel/motel I have ever stayed at. I do a lot of travelling and have stayed in 5 star hotels and backpackers hostels so I have lots of places to compare and The Ballina Island Motor Inn is tops. The managers, Tina and John were extremely helpful in detailing places of interest in the Ballina and Byron Bay areas. The meals in the motel were top notch and the rooms left nothing to be desired, They also did room service for anyone requiring same. My only complaint was that the hair dryer didn't work and that was replaced as soon as I mentioned it.

Room Tip: Verandas on the North side get the sun all day.
Brisbane
Reviewed 19 May 2013

Amazing customer sevice by the owner of the place Tina turner nothing was a hassle. Went to dinner at there resturant which was very yummy food and good value very family friendly. Rooms were very comfortable and clean. Very impressed.

1 Thank Stacie S