“Tasty cheese & travel advice”

Bega Cheese Heritage Centre
Ranked #2 of 7 things to do in Bega
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Easy to find, good parking, helpful staff, heaps of free travel brochures and advice, great cheese particularly the Heritage and Strong & Bitey which we have enjoyed with biscuits and Moscato every night since our pleasant visit
Mike & Jill Harvey

Reviewed 15 June 2014

We were really looking forward to this visit but were very disappointed. Very touristy and lacked substance. No tour of the factory to view cheese making. Instead all about selling products. Cafe did not appeal. Museum upstairs worth a quick look but also had another shop. Could not wait to get out of here. Worst part of our otherwise great three week road trip!

Reviewed 4 June 2014

Bega cheese is a staple in our household, so I was really looking forward to visiting the cheese factory - but were we disappointed! The building itself is quite nice and has some character but that's where it stops.

On entering, the 'cheese tasting' counter was nothing special at all. I would liken it to the size of a tasting stand that you might see in a supermarket. Then its a matter of help yourself to the cheese & toothpicks - there was no one there to really explain anything or keep things in order. Besides the Heritage cheese, everything else u can buy at the supermarket, so not sure why you would bother, we certainly didn't. The cafe lacked appeal, so we decided to skip our coffee stop & decided to get back in the car & find somewhere else. My husband couldn't get out of there fast enough and he loves his cheese. That just left me to quickly duck upstairs to have a look at the museum. It was OK, but very dated...he didn't miss out on much.

Like the other reviewers have mentioned, a tour of the actual factory would be good & probably needed to save this place if it wants to continue to attract visitors

Reviewed 20 May 2014

Small cheese tasting, various flavours, all the stuff you can buy in the supermarket except the Heritage flavour. Small cafe for dining and coffee, nice food. Small museum upstairs. A viewing area to the factory would be good, as there is no tours.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

I visited the centre to do some cheese tasting and have a meal - like you might. The overall impression I got of the place was of "averageness". Just "ordinary". In particular, the food. The burger I had was so utterly lack-lustre and over-priced I seriously don't recommend it. The same can be said of the Chicken Lavash my partner had. Worse, after explicitly asking for a meal with no onion in it, and being assured this (Lavash) didn't have any, it turned out to have LOTS. Although they apologised for this, and even offered a refund, the thing is there was really nothing much to rave about in this place - contrary to my expectation. I wished I'd spent my time touring the countryside instead.