“Not worth it - basic.”

Bega Cheese Heritage Centre
Ranked #2 of 5 things to do in Bega
Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

Cafe attached to a tiny museum (which was like a loft area) & small craft shop. Really disappointed no actual tour of factory, not even a glass viewing area to glance through. Did not try cafe , kids not interested. Really disappointing - stayed there about 20 minutes max when we thought it would be a place to visit for a couple of hours . Waste of time really.,

Reviewed 31 July 2014

Not very interesting at all and the displays disappointing... not at all what I was expecting. We were taken there by locals who were very proud of the centre... but I was expecting a lot more.
We tried to show interest in the gift shop... we tried the cheese samples and then we had lunch.
The coffee was ok.... they said the milkshakes were all-right ... the food ... well I wish I hadn't had the pie... the soup was "nice".. and the service was not good.
The video which was running on the TV screen whilst we had lunch was the most interesting of any of the displays!
I don't mean to sound so harsh and I must admit that earlier this year we did go through the Gruyere Cheese factory in Switzerland... but that was never going to be a comparison. I just feel there is untapped potential there.

1  Thank jane_beach
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Was really looking forward to this not sure what I expected but it was very Disapointing.

Museum was average to say the least.

My husband was after a coffee we got there at 4-15 was open until 5 however had already cleaned coffee machine so NO coffee for him.

Cheese was very expensive. Which was also a disapointment.

I think it is safe to say it was one VERY BIG DISAPOINTMENT .

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Mmmmm. An overpriced coffee shop attached to .... well who knows. How sad that there is not even an attempt to show visitors how this cheese is made. Mungalli in North Queensland at least has a glass window where you can see what happens. Let's all support Bega for the Australians they employ, but really, close this disappointment down. Ps. the Bega cheese they sell, is cheaper at Coles.

1  Thank msdcairns
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I arrived here at 9.30am to have a look at their locally made crafts,etc as I'd been here a few years ago. Not many people around at this time of the morning, granted, but they advertised that they open at 9am!!

Had a look around the 'museum' area which was a bit ho-hum. Wandered through the cafe/shop area where everything including the Cheeses were overpriced - cheaper to go to the supermarket.

Oh well, guess I won't be back.

3  Thank fairywings2507