“Great motel”

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Belmont
Singapore, Singapore
“Great motel”
Reviewed 31 May 2014

My husband & I stayed a few times in Aquarious motel on our way back from the Hunter . The main reason going back to the some place is as we found a great value for the money and the owners of the motel Michael & Elizabeth are extremely friendly & very helpful couple .Rooms are great & very comfortable with everything that you need . Cooked breakfast in the morning is superb . Thank you for your hospitality & we will be back again . Rick & Sally

Room Tip: We found all rooms are great in this very friendly Motel !!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Reviewed 15 September 2013

I'm not quite sure what all these other people are talking about but I had quite a negative experience. Basically, the place is a dump.
$120 is a bit rich for a dirty 1980's tattered motel. Wreaked of smoke, scabby looking and who ever was responsible for cleaning forgot behind the bed where the electrical plugs were. There was a gross white powdery substance possibly mould? After ten minutes I knew I wanted to get the hell out of there so I did. My partner explained the situation to the owner she replied with 'well that's your opinion'. We offered to pay half but ended up having to pay the full $120. I feel ripped off and as though someone has stolen from me.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Elizabeth G, Manager at Aquarius Motel Belmont, responded to this review, 30 September 2013
WOW!!! That's quite a story.When people don't get there own way, they usually throw a tantrum which is what we have here. Now for the facts....Booking was made in the name of Alanna, and Alanna checked in. Approx. half an hour after check-in a guy (says he was the boyfriend) approached reception and asked for a refund saying that the room smelt like cigarette smoke. I advised that I would need to speak to Alanna since the booking was in her name and payment was made with Alanna's credit card. I advised that I cannot refund any money to him as he was not the registered guest and that payment was not made by him. He then advised that HE paid for it and demanded a refund immediately. I again advised that I would need to speak to Alanna. He refused and started to, raise his voice, threaten to ruin my motels reputation (obvious with this review) and intimidate. I advised that no one had been smoking in the room, I have a strict no smoking policy with a charge. He then said that the smoke wasn't recent but in the past year or so to which I responded that is ridiculous as the room is freshly painted and curtains and carpets cleaned regularly. I also advised that they had been in the room for over half an hour already and that yes it was in his opinion that my motel was a dump and made it clear that there had been no smoking in the room. I advised again that Alanna needs to speak to me as I cannot just refund money to just anybody and that I will call booking.com and they would come to a resolution. Once they had left one of my other guests approached me as he heard the conversation and he was horrified at the way I was spoken to. I asked him to check the room with me that Alanna had occupied. We found that the bed had been laid on and the pillows messed up. Photos were taken and forwarded to booking.com immediately. I also spoke to booking.com and they advised not to refund any money without speaking to the registered guest especially after the room had been occupied for a short time. I don't know who wrote this review, as the boyfriend did all the talking at the time but if Alanna had approached me at the time a refund would have been possible. I'm not unreasonable but I will not accept someone threatening me and my motel to get his own way. On the night of this incident I had 6 rooms out of 13 filled with regular guests who love my little motel and would not stay anywhere else. In your opinion my motel is a dumb...other guests absolutely love it !!!
Bathurst, Australia
Reviewed 22 August 2013

For those of you that know the fabled Porpoise Spit, we felt like we had arrived. The motel looks a little quirky for want of a better word, but it is certainly neat and tidy. We stayed on a saturday night in early august and were satisfied in every respect. The owners advised on the best delivered food options if we were staying in and even offered to drive us to the local club if we were having a few drinks. You don't get that sort of service everywhere!!

It's a motel - don't expect the Ritz. It's clean, tidy and serves it's purpose.

We would stay again for sure.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 19 August 2013

Our queen room was basic - clean and adequate. Decor is 1980s and needs updating. Owner warned us when we arrived that they had staying a noisy group from NZ - which was an understatement!! The NZs returned (2 mini buses of them) to the Motel around 2am, and yelled and carried on in front of the motel rooms for 2 hrs outside their rooms. The rest of the Motel was kept awake until they went to bed at 4pm. So be warned - ask before booking! Booking in front of rooms is tight.

Room Tip: Check that they don't have group bookings before booking.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Elizabeth G, Owner at Aquarius Motel Belmont, responded to this review, 20 August 2013
Thank you for your review Jim. We are a budget motel located on the highway and we are under renovation which is clearly stated in our reception. Pictures on our website of our rooms are current and large LCD TV's and linen are all new, I hardly call that 80's décor.Yes we did have a group booking for a family reunion from overseas. It is unfortunate that with a large group there may be some noise which is why I did apologise in advance for. I remember you saying that that was ok and that you understand with a large group that they may be noisy. If indeed it was for 2 hrs, which is an exaggeration....the option would have been to call us and we would have put a stop to it. I spoke to 2 other guests on Sunday morning and they both said they heard the group return but they understood that with a large group this sometimes happens. It is on the rare odd occasion that a large group is booked but we cannot deny accommodation just based on the fact that they may be noisy...they require accommodation as much as any guest. My apologies again for the noise.
Port Macquarie, Australia
Reviewed 20 July 2013

We stayed three nights at this great Belmont motel. It is Clean and comfortable with the owners making every effort to ensure they provide all required to enjoy your stay. The cooked breakfast was really a good start to the day. Great value for the price and we would definitely stay there on our next visit to Newcastle.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 June 2013

My boyfriend had booked a night at the motel as we were out at Blacksmiths Beach for the day and didn't want to do the drive back to Sydney after a day in the sun. We went for what was available and reasonable in price given it was the long weekend. I wasn't expecting much, how I was wrong.
We were met by the loveliest of chaps who was most helpful and gave us some great tips on where to go fishing. Told us what the deal was for breakfast and how his wife would give us the brekkie menu when she got back etc. She pulled up as we were heading to our room and we had a quick banter and laugh. The room was clean, tidy and cosy. There was enough information in the booklet to let you know what was about and where to eat. Had a decent sleep on the bed. Breakfast arrived on time and the hospitality we received was brilliant. The shower had great pressure which helped alleviate my stiff neck that I'd had for days.
It's not the Hyatt, so as long as you're not expecting it, you will be pleasantly surprised. You'll get what you paid for and more.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Elizabeth G, Owner at Aquarius Motel Belmont, responded to this review, 13 June 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words and lovely review. It was a pleasure having you both stay with us and I hope you will be back to stay in the future.
Reviewed 18 January 2013

This motel is well located, has a pool, very clean rooms, with a renovation program to update them. Rooms are basic Australian Hwy motel types. Just what you need if passing through or for a bit longer.

What makes this place different from the other Hwy motels I've stayed at is the couple who run it. Vibrant, friendly people who are willing to engage you, and not trying to move you on so they could go back to what ever they were last doing when you arrived. They are genuinely nice people.

Aircon was great, plus a ceiling fan, comfy bed, very happy.

Room Tip: The rooms 'inside' the main building will be cooler and quieter.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
Thank you for your honest and kind words. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope that you will stop by when passing through again in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Belmont
Lake Macquarie Motor Inn