“Fun Night, great food!”

Dining options: Reservations
Lake Macquarie
“Fun Night, great food!”
Reviewed 17 August 2014

We were a group of 6 celebrating a birthday.
It was a Saturday night & the restaurant was busy, but despite that the service was excellent & we didn't have to wait very long at all for our food.
The food itself was excellent! We were all very happy with our orders. The Sashimi Rare beef fillet for entre was delicious & I loved the Chicken Red Thai curry which was my main course.
A really fun night was had by all & we will definitely be returning.

1 Thank Kat-LakeMaquarie

Belmont, Australia
“Great Salmon & Coconut Rice”
Reviewed 14 August 2014

We had 5 kids under 5yrs with our group & we were not greeted as aliens so that was a pleasant change.Kitchen also managed to get their food out promptly so parents were then able to enjoy their's when it arrived.Very busy for a mid week night & service was excellant.Spring rolls were a little disapointing lacking in filling & flavour but our main dishes were good with the salmon the stand out of the night.I see one review was disappointed because it wasn't traditional Thai so I would suggest they try a Thai restaurant, this is a modern fusion of flavours from a few different countries and they use fresh everything.Definately worth a visit!

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank Jubi2014
Newcastle, Australia
“Belmont Thai”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

This place has been at Belmont for some time and I have eaten there a few times. Generally the food is good and service ascceptable. My only comment would be if you are looking for traditional Thai food, this is not the place.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Hamps25
Newcastle Australia
“Friendly Staff, Great Service & Fantastic food!”
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Haven't ventured to Sesames on the Lake since my last review in 2012, however let me say that it was the same fantastic Service & great food. There was a little hick-up upon arriving as they seemed to have not recorded my reservation, which was made two days earlier, however they managed to fit us in & it wasn't a problem. The staff were as attentive as always & whilst they were busy we weren't left waiting. The Sticky prawn entrée was fantastic & whilst I found the menu a little limited, everything was fantastic. I had the Green Chicken Curry for mains & my friend had the Pork Belly, both were fantastic. I'll be back and recommend it to others.

2 Thank Mark D
Newcastle, Australia
“Quality well presented food, fabulous friendly service”
Reviewed 4 July 2014

We were very impressed for the outset with all aspects of our visit. Our waitress, Hayley, was certainly very friendly and attentive to everyone and had a great presence for what was happening and the needs of the customers. I loved the thought that has gone into the layout, with dark coloured (almost invisible) acoustic material on the ceilings to dampen the ambient sound and numerous symmetrically and strategically placed speakers to enable the music to be heard but not dominate the conversation. The clever use of large mirrors also add to the overall feeling of depth. Lots of thought obviously went into this. The food was just as impressive with even the children's menu having care and finesse. I must say I have not seen chargrilled tiger prawns on a bed of rice on any other kids menu.
The only downside for us was that it was not fully licenced, only BYO. Not a big detractor in the scheme of things but something to factor in. All in all a very enjoyable dining experience. Highly recommended.