“Short Ski Visit Stay”

Sierra Villa Lodge
Ranked #1 of 3 Berridale B&B and Inns
“Short Ski Visit Stay”
Reviewed 14 August 2013

This was a very enjoyable stay. Accommodation was excellent very clean and comfortable room which was cleaned every day during our stay. Very friendly host and excellent amenities with pool table and spa. Food was also excellent with a good hearty breakfast to the start of the day. Would certainly recommend to family and friends and looking forward to our next stay there.

Very quiet and relaxing place for anyone who wants to unwind after a busy day skiing in the Snowy Mountains. Convenient location for ski hire and shopping nearby.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Pamela B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Reviewed 26 July 2013

We had booked a weeks ski vacation and then decided to drive up a day earlier so Berridale seemed a good option for us. Having stayed in this town before we were expecting the usual standard motel for tour bus clients and when I read reviews on Trip Advisor about this Bed and Breakfast spot we decided to give it a go. What a lovely surprise to be welcomed into a warm home, spotlessly clean and I mean this, lovely rooms and extremely obliging host and hostess. The kids were immediately taken with the pool table and we could relax in the sitting room by the fireplace. I have to give this place five stars, not because it is a five star hotel but because what is on offer is of five star standard and Janice and Paul try so hard to ensure a pleasant stay. If we were looking for accommodation outside of the ski fields I would rebook Sierra Villa Lodge without hesitation.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank SYDmelp
Reviewed 1 September 2012

This is my 4th year in a row staying at this great little place. Just me and my 8 year old son (My wife doesn't like the snow). I've stayed in a different room each year and all the rooms have been warm, cosy and clean.Breakfast is great. A range of cereal, bread, fruit, yoghurt, juice and plunger coffee. Janice and Paul are lovely hosts. They even scraped the ice of my windscreen one cold morning.There is a welcoming common area with a fire, small pool table and dvd library.

We hire our ski gear from Arlberg's on Friday pm. They are friendly and give a discount if you are staying at Sierra Villa. We eat at the local pub which is child friendly, has a nice atmosphere and the food is reasonable (make sure you book). We drive to Perisher, it takes an hour, give or take 10min to buy your park entry or put on snow chains. If you leave by 6.45am you will get a good spot in the car park.

My son and I will continue to stay here.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Maddie K
Reviewed 10 June 2012 via mobile

This is a great find. The hosts are very helpful, the place is warm and inviting and the amenities are very thoughtful. The rooms are small but they have made the best of the space with everything provided you could need. For the price and proximity to the snowfields this is a great place to stay. Will definitely stay again.

• Stayed June 2012
2 Thank FlyKirst
Reviewed 29 August 2010

We recently stayed at Sierra Village Lodge on our way to the snow. We were delighted with the accommodation. The room was clean, quiet, warm and comfortable. The hosts are lovely, very friendly and helpful. Hope to stay again next year.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 August 2010

My mum and I stayed at Sierra Villa Lodge on the weekend and had a great time. The accommodation was very clean, comfortable and cozy. The spa was lovely after a hard days snowboarding. Janice and Paul were very hospitable and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Highly recommended!

Stayed August 2010
Brisbane australia
Reviewed 25 August 2008

Stayed one night on the way back to Canberra Airport after a full day's skiing at Perisher. I had read the reviews and am happy to report I agree with them. The rooms are clean and comfortable; the hosts thoughtful and accommodating. My only gripe (and it wasn't with the Lodge) was that finding somewhere to eat in Berridale was difficult: the pizza oven was switched off at 7.30pm at the local takeaway. So next time, I will buy the food in Jindabyne and ask the Lodge hosts if I can reheat it in the oven at the Lodge!

• Liked — Cleanliness
  • Disliked — lack of eating places in the town
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Berridale
Siesta Villa Motel
Cottonwood Lodge
Cottonwood Lodge
#2 of 3 in Berridale
Southern Cross Motor Inn & Tourist Park

Been to Sierra Villa Lodge? Share your experiences!