“Slow Service”

Sakana Fresh
Price range: US$6 - US$16
Cuisines: Japanese, Seafood, Cafe
Good for: Child-friendly
Description: At Sakana Fresh you will enjoy our unique cuisine and friendly atmosphere. We serve only the freshest, highest quality food. $10 Lunches & $5 kids meals!
Reviewed 10 June 2014

We found this cafe away from the crowds in Berry and thought it would be quick and lovely. I was interested in trying the Fish Tacos, after my sister had raved about having them in San Diego. We waited about 40 minutes to be served our food, even though the cafe was only half full, when we finally got it, my order was wrong, so I had to wait a further 10-15 minutes, that is nearly an hour all up. The meal was ordinary, the fish was battered and would have been better grilled or pan fried and shredded.

Sakana_Fresh, Manager at Sakana Fresh, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2014

Dear frith59,

I just wanted to respond to a review you posted for Sakana Fresh. I wanted to apologise for the experience you had in our restaurant.
We have now changed management/staff, and have changed a lot of the issues that have been a problem in the past. We have put more efficient and experienced employees on to cope with the busier times. Put better policies in place, changed the menu to make it better value. And the last few weeks have gone a lot smoother than in the previous weeks.
We hope that next time you are in Berry you will give us another try.
Otherwise, we wish you well, and thank you for your feedback in order for us to move forward and improve.
Many thanks,
Pepper

There are newer reviews for Sakana Fresh

Reviewed 21 May 2014

Service was slow even though it was a weekday and there were only two other tables occupied. My open sandwich looked delicious but the prawns were slimy and the bread was stale. The fish tacos were ok. Was rather pricey for the quantity and quality we received but most of Berry's eateries are pretty pricey anyway.

Dear belitoe,

We hope that next time you are in Berry you will give us another try.
Many thanks,
Pepper

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 26 February 2014 via mobile

Have had the fish tacos here and the tuna BLT. FAB! A great new place to stop and have great fish products of the south coast

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member