“Conveniently Located, Clean & Fresh”
Review of The Imperial Motel

The Imperial Motel
Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Bowral
Reviewed 26 June 2014

The Imperial is well located behind the Imperial Hotel, just off the main street. The rooms are roomy, clean & fresh. If we had a complaint, it would be the shower head & taps. The shower head was very average and the taps took a little working out. It looks as though the motel is having some work done to it as reception was being operated out of a portable shed and on the Monday morning a bit of workers noise was heard (although not too bad)
The Imperial Hotel in front of the motel looked to have a nice Bistro, however the pub itself lacked character and had that antiseptic feel.
The motel was pretty good value and certainly worth a overnight/weekend stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BorisTheMudcrab

Reviewed 25 June 2014

I stayed here for a couple of nights with my brother while playing the various great golf courses in the area. The accommodation was basic, but clean and perfectly good for the price. I wasn't a big fan of the shower, which had taken water saving to a ridiculous level. It was kind of like being pressure hosed with a fine mist of water. Other than that, I was perfectly happy with the place and would stay the again. The location was extremely close to a whole range of restaurants and bars, which made it very easy to eat, drink and stroll back to the room to sleep.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank dofaSydney_Australia
Reviewed 15 June 2014

I was just stopping in Bowral overnight so this motel was a good location and an affordable price. From here I could walk to the center of town in less than a minute or two and get food. The room was clean and rather modern feeling and the bathroom was a good size. The only issue I had with the place was that I was alone and being on a ground floor room by myself near the stairs it was noisy with people coming in from the pub all night which led me to feel a bit unsafe at times but overall I found it okay. Noise travels between rooms however so I could hear everything my neighbors were doing.

Room Tip: Do not get a ground floor room, too many people walking past is noisy.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Bell_Bob
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I would rate this hotel between average and very good. We arrived just after 10am on Saturday and our ground floor (requested) room was ready for us. Found our room to be large, clean and very comfortable. Lady on reception very helpful. Was told there was not much noise as our room was on a side street, but Monday morning it started with garbage truck around 6am loading the bottles etc from the hotel bistro, then about 7am the wood place across the road starting sawing. Tried to sleep in but in the end gave up. The location is very good close to all shops and restaurants. Apart from the noise would stay again.

Room Tip: we stayed in room no 1 if you want ground floor suggest around room 6
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank slwityk
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We have previously stayed in this motel before it was renovated. Unfortunately the renovation is not a successful one and the place was really dirty. The entry tiles were in need of a scrub with a brush, and the bathroom was completely mouldy. Apparently too hard to spray a bit of bleach around. We had to ask to have our towels replaced and one had a hole in it and the other was all frayed around the edges. We then found a dirty towel which had been left behind by the previous guests. Next day, only given one towel and had to go and ask for another. Also asked for an extra pillow, but apparently they have none(!) Had to go out and buy some. Didn't dine at the hotel either as the prices were ridiculously high. Instead went to the marvellous Chinese around the corner, House of Lowe which is a great little place where a lot of locals seem to eat. On the whole, a very poor experienceat this motel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Trish W
Reviewed 25 April 2014

My wife and I stayed here for 2 nights whilst exploring the southern highlands, and found it very comfortable & affordable @ $125 a night a great price for Bowral it's also extremely close to all pubs & restaurants & cafés. The staff were friendly, we didn't eat there as we thought prices a little steep. We will definitely stay again on our next trip.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 April 2014

I found this is the best place to stay in Bowral. great location I do agree with previous comments the older lady in the reception on the monday night was not charming an was very rude, but I went back to reception on Tuesday as we wanted to know what was around the town they had a young girl working she was so helpful and happy if only we had her from the start it would of been 5/5 she recommended the steak in the bistro for dinner which was amazing (said my husband) and told us some things we could check out we ended up going out to Fitzroy falls and Robertson off her recommendations for bushwalks an had an amazing couple of days. We will defiantly be back very soon! having someone nice at reception makes all the difference as if it was the same lady as before we would not of stayed!

Room Tip: there is no lift only stair cases so don't pack too heavy!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bowral
Peppers Craigieburn
The Sebel Bowral Heritage Park
Peppers Manor House
Peppers Manor House
#1 of 1 in Sutton Forest

Been to The Imperial Motel? Share your experiences!