“Beautiful family catch up”

North Coast Holiday Parks Ferry Reserve
Sydney, Australia
“Beautiful family catch up”
Reviewed 13 September 2012

We recently had a beautiful family catch up at Ferry Reserve Holiday Park. Great location and really relaxing by the river. Dog friendly which was good as we were travelling with our dog. Clean amenities and a just a relaxing environment. Would go back tommorrow and would recommend this park in a flash!!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Jenny854

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Reviewed 12 August 2012

We stayed 3 nights in the double cabin. We had wonderful views of the river from our front verandah. The cabin was well equipped inside & out. only downside was no clothes washer or dryer in cabin. $4 per load at the communal laundry.
The location is amazing, Hubby spent hours fishing in front of our cabin. Bike & walking trails go straight into town. We would highly recommend this park & can't wait to return.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lynn H
Brisbane
Reviewed 26 April 2012

We keep coming back to Ferry Reserve Holiday Park. Its only 1.5hrs from Brisbane which makes it a good spot for a weekend or 2 mths. This time we have kept extending our stay as we were having such a wonderful time. When we mentioned we were coming to Ferry Reserve my sister & her husband from the Central NSW Coast decided to join us for 2 weeks and friends from Ipswich arrived as well for 2 weeks and then extended their stay for a month. We always thought of the park as a great seniors' park as its so quiet & peaceful, however our family and their young children have been down to visit us here & loved it so much they brought their own camper trailer down & stayed for a few days as the park & waterways were perfect for the young kids. We have managed a few feeds of fish and have noticed a lot of crabs being caught which makes me think about getting a few crab pots for our next visit. A big thank you to both Matt & Stacey for making our holiday such a wonderful experience. Keep up the good work.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Trish P
Birmingham
Reviewed 15 April 2012

As a regular traveller to Australia to visit my sons, me and my wife were very much looking forward to staying by the river at one of our favourite places in Brunswick Heads. We both enjoy the welcoming and friendly nature of Australians and this is why we are all the more upset and disappointed by the treatment of the Park Manager, Matt, at Ferry Reserve Park.

Being an old aged pensioner, it is crucial that the stairs of our cabin has lighting. On arrival I noticed that the light of Cabin number 1, above the stairs to the cabin was not working. I alerted the Manager to this on the first day of our holiday. During the conversation it struck me as very strange that the Matt, the Manager did not seem very interested in this information and also did not advise me when it would be fixed, or apologise, however I assumed in good faith, that as I was advising the site Manager of the Park, that it would be fixed.

On our way back from a day out on day 2, we arrived home in the evening, after dark. I was carrying fish and chips that I had bought locally for my family. We noticed that the light had still not been fixed, so I attempted to carry our dinner up the stairs in the dark. At this time I tripped up the stairs, dropped our dinner and hit my knee off of the stairs,damaging it badly. My knee is still swollen and bruised now, days later. This accident prevented me from going on a fishing trip the following day as I had to spend the day with my leg elevated and an ice pack on my knee.

When I told the office receptionist about the accident, on our last day, she asked me to complete a form which was for staff accidents, not holiday-makers. She didn't seem to understand the need or the seriousness of keeping records of accidents by residents of the park but did acknowledge that my knee was swollen.

I am attending a Brisbane doctor for my knee tomorrow and since my Australian holiday is coing to a close in a few days time, I am worried that my journey home back to England, will be an uncomfortable one.

Of course, we will return again to this beautiful region, but I do not intend to return to this Park when the Management do not take responsibility for Health and Safety and also do not appear to know how, or care about, how to manage a Holiday Park.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
14 Thank Gabi D
Wolverhampton
Reviewed 15 April 2012

Nice spot on the river. Was looking forward to a happy, family weekend camping at this lovely part of the world. On arrival there seemed to be a nasty atmosphere around caused by the enforcement of strict rules on the campsite.

This came to a unpleasant head when the management accused my parents of 'sneaking' the two small dogs onto the cabin balcony. This resulted in half of our family being told to leave the campsite.

On chatting to other campers by the riverside, I discovered a few of these other paying customers had experienced unfriendly altercations and accusations from the manger 'Matt'. This seems a real shame as an unpleasant man is ruining a successful business and families well deserved breaks.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
16 Thank Harryjd D
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 1 March 2012

This is a beautiful location. They take dogs have riverfront and riverview sites, amenities clean and overall a great place. Howvere the Pacifi Highway is right next to it and the road is very noisy with trucks etc.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Brunswick River Inn
Brunswick River Inn
#3 of 4 in Brunswick Heads
North Coast Holiday Parks Terrace Reserve
North Coast Holiday Parks Terrac...
#2 of 7 in Brunswick Heads
North Coast Holiday Parks Massey Greene
North Coast Holiday Parks Massey...
#3 of 7 in Brunswick Heads
The Sails Motel
The Sails Motel
#2 of 4 in Brunswick Heads
The Byron at Byron Resort & Spa

Been to North Coast Holiday Parks Ferry Reserve? Share your experiences!