“Mixed feelings. Very good but not really for me.”

Byron Springs Guesthouse
Ranked #6 of 35 Byron Bay B&B and Inns
Reviewed 14 September 2013

From the description on the website, I think I was expecting the guesthouse setting to be a little more remote than it was. In fact it is set just off the main road into Byron and so, if you have a room at the front, like I did, the traffic from the road is quite loud. It wasn't the lush, tropical and quiet surrounds I had envisioned. More like a suburban street. That said, the price was quite reasonable at $60 per night for a single room.
The guesthouse in itself is quite lovely. It's pretty, the staff were sweet and the facilities, including the bathrooms, were good and clean. But as other reviewers have said, it's not a particularly private experience. While I was seeking some solitude, I was also hoping to meet other solo travellers but discovered the clientele were mostly couples and so in all, this guesthouse didn't provide quite the experience I was seeking.
I did enjoy the fact it was a 5 minute drive by car out of hustling and bustling Byron Bay. Close enough to be able to drive in for a quick bite to eat and a wander around but not right in the township. All in all very nice but not really for me.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank CosmicCarol
There are newer reviews for Byron Springs Guesthouse

Reviewed 13 September 2013

This is one of the most beautiful and relaxing places I have stayed. It felt like staying at a family beach house. The house itself is an impeccably maintained old farm house set among palms. All the rooms and bathrooms are always very clean.

The location is suburban, so is the perfect getaway from what can be a busy little town centre. Just over the hill from Tallows Beach, which was a lovely walk through the national park. And there are always bikes available to ride into town for the day, or to get to The Pass - the best beach in Byron.

The other guests were friendly and there were plenty of yarns told around the table over breakfast or dinner. The staff were the best part of Byron Springs. So friendly and helpful. Nothing is too hard or inconvenient.

I would commend Byron Springs to anyone who is after a genuinely chilled out Byron experience.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank SvenDee
Reviewed 23 July 2013

My wife and I stayed 2 nights at this guest house.

Positive:
Really nice wooden house. It really feels it is a beach and holiday home. The inside is white and immaculate. Cosy living room. Rooms are ok. Nice owner: he offered us a ride to the supermarket. Good breakfast.

Negative:
We were there in winter. Everything is in wood and the rooms can be very cold. You just have a small electric heater to warm the room. You can hear everything outside as it s not well isolated. Free bikes are available but avoid taking them. They are old and not working properly.
Not central. 25 min walk.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 July 2013

I spent my 30th birthday in this lovely place. The owner, mr Peter, is great: a very smart and intelligent man that speacks a beatiful italian!!!The guesthouse is a little peace of heaven and I'm pretty sure that if I'll come back it'll be my house again. All the staff is very kind: they always help you to have the best from byron bay.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank mmbussu
Reviewed 31 May 2013

We stayed there on the 9th of May for a night & enjoyed it very much. Right from the warm welcome to the very friendly casual atmosphere in the house to the free internet and breakfast, we had a wonderful stay. I would recommend it to everyone. Make sure you ask for an ensuite room so you dont have to share the bathroom!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank J_Lo76
Reviewed 20 April 2013

I found this a very tricky review to write as I have not stayed in a place like this in Australia before so I wasnt too sure what to expect. Obviously its not a 5 star lodgings but then again, it isnt meant to be. With that in mind you have to remember that its not a luxury hotel, its a guesthouse and as a guest house its quite a nice stay.

The staff are super lovely, 10/10 for sure! They are helpful and friendly and make sure they look after all their guests with a genuine interest and sense of care. It is not in central Byron, its probably a 5 minute drive so if you have transport its fine and its away from the hustle and bustle of Byron. They provide bikes as well if you would like to ride into town but its not a central location.

The rooms are nice and modern but very basic. We had AC but there was no TV or any other mod-cons. There is one TV in the living area that is shared. There is a shared kitchen as well with tea, coffee and a basic breakfast provided. Our room had an ensuite bathroom but that is not in all rooms, some do share a bathroom. Wifi was also provided for free which is a great touch.

The downsides for us was the amount of noise, the place has lovely wooden floor boards but every person that walks around echoes and creaks so it can be quite loud and quite disturbing in the early hours of the morning. The walls also seem very thin so you can hear everything and feel compelled to talk at a whisper all the time. Finally our room was located next to the kitchen so we were woken up at sunrise with people crashing around in the kitchen and footsteps thumping past our door.

Overall it was a pleasant stay if your on a tight budget or after a different kind of experience. Better if your an early riser or a heavy sleeper though.

Room Tip: Room 1 is large with AC but it has alot of noise from the kitchen that backs right onto the room. Ev...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 April 2013

We recently stayed at Byron Springs Guesthouse for our honeymoon during March. Everything about this guesthouse was perfect. As soon as we arrived, we were greeted by the gorgeous girl on reception. We arrived early in the morning and although our check in was not until the afternoon, she told us that she would get our room ready as soon as she possibly could! We were then invited to have some breakfast. The breakfast was delicious and available every morning- a range of cereals, poached fruit, fresh juice, toast and tea and coffee. There were even pushbikes that we were able to ride down to the beach which was very fun. Each day as we returned from the beach in the afternoon, we found that our room had been tidied, bed made and fresh towels provided. The Guesthouse has a very homely atmosphere and at night many people would cook their dinner. One night we came home after dinner in town and shared a bottle of wine out on the balcony whilst chatting with some fellow visitors. We are already planning our next trip up there. It was definately a honeymoon we will not forget. Well done to the owners of this place, they have nailed it!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple