“Great pancakes with honeycomb butter” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #53 of 186 Restaurants in Byron Bay
Price range: US$8 - US$15
Cuisines: Cafe, Healthy, Chinese, Japanese
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Drinks, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Relax like a local and enjoy our hospitality in a sunny quite corner. Succulent Cafe serving OZ breakfast and Asia Lunch and dinner.
Sydney
“Great pancakes with honeycomb butter”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2013

We had brunch here and it was great. The coffee was really good and the pancakes with honeycomb butter were amazing. Wish we had had a chance to try it for another meal.
We would definitely recommend Succulent Cafe for brunch.

Service was really good but it was quiet when we visited as it was raining.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Sydney, Australia
“Delecious food, lovely satff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2013

Went here for breakfast on our last day in Byron ( wish we found it earlier). Loved that it was away from the business of the main street and that we could enjoy our breakfast in peace. My boyfriend and I both had eggs benedict. Both of our eaggs were a tad over cooked for our liking for poached eggs. However this did not take away from the pure delciousness of the mea. Hollandaise sauce made on site made a huge difference. We both found the staff to be very polite and welcoming. The guys in teh kitchen were also warm, with teh chef asking if the meals were ok when we went to pay. Only downfall is that they dont have eftpos facilities.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
“Great coffee”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2013 via mobile

I had been recommend this place for breakfast so was a little worried when I was 1 of 3 people in the place! I ordered the green eggs - scrambled eggs with herbs, (not quite sure it was worth an additional $4 from the regular scrambled eggs tho!)

Coffee was excellent, service was fast and friendly. Might go back for lunch just to give this place a second chance. Hopefully there is some atmosphere.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
succulent, Owner at Succulent Cafe, responded to this review, 11 December 2013
Thank you for your feedback.

For all most 2 years now we have been selling srambled egg at $9.70 and $11.90 respectively for green egg. I can only presume that one of my team member overcharged you or that you could have had another extra side. Please accept my apologies and I would love to offer you a drink on your next visit at Succulent.
“Not as bad as other reviews from this time of year say....”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2012

Succulent Cafe's popularity has probably been it's downfall at this busy time of year. Although my breakfast experience was not amazing I suspect that the reviews by some other customers are not reflective of the normal levels of service. Admittedly a couple of the waitresses were pretty slow and not too focussed on the job at hand and we were waiting a very long time for our food. I think the biggest mistake was not advising customers of the expected delay and thus managing expectations. Difficult as it may be to turn customers away it can often be better than failing to deliver a good service.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
“Like a prison sentence”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2012 via mobile

Succulent cafe serves very nice food and decent coffee. This however is completely irrelevant, because by the time you actually receive it you will be suicidal with misery. The incompetence of the wait staff dominates the entire experience. I was in the place for at least 15 minutes before I was offered menus, one particularly gormless waitress sauntered by me idly at least three times looking for something to do as i tried to get her attention, but managed not to see me hidden amongst the 4 other tables in the back room. By the time our order was taken about 20minutes later my backside was sore from sitting in the very hard uncomfortable chair. After an hour of watching the other miserable patrons receive the wrong food in the wrong order our food arrived. At this stage I was almost sick with hunger and the pain in my backside had spread to my back and I was so eager to get out of the place that I wolfed down my food in 5 mins and left my partner behind to finish her food and pay.
Leaving the cafe felt like being released from prison, I've never had a more miserable breakfast. Anyone who ever considers visiting here should make sure to bring a cushion to sit on, a pillow to rest their head or support their back, a good (long) book, and probably some sandwiches so they don't starve to death.

• 1 of 5 bubbles