“It was a great realxing place to stay”

Bay Royal Apartments
Adelaide, Australia
“It was a great realxing place to stay”
Reviewed 12 May 2010

Great apartments which are very local to everything especially the beach. Rooms were fantastic and the kids felt very relaxed in them. Beautiful place and will stay there again.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank Juliaac

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 13 April 2010

Having visited Byron many times over the years this was my first stay at the Bay Royal. The apartments are modern, clean and well appointed although the bedrooms are quite small. The kitchen was very well equipped so a family or large group can easily self cater. We had six adults staying in the apartment quite comfortably. The location is excellent - right across from Main Beach and a short walk to the Beach Hotel and all the shops and restaurants. Definately will stay there again in future.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with friends
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 12 January 2010

We stayed at Bay Royal for Christmas 2009 with the extended family (we and had several apartments) and had amazing time. The apartment faciliites (kitchen, laundry) are very convenient and made it easy to eat at home each night (eating out on top of can get very expensive). We were only a block from the grocery store as well. The aparments are big - great balconies facing the ocean and park, built in robes in the bedrooms and good sized bathrooms and comfortable furniture in our apartment (apartments are all furnished differently). The only challenge we faced was noise from backpackers sitting in the park late at night playing the bongos - luckily the apartment had airconditioning so we could keep the bedroom windows closed at night. Didn't have much to do with the managers although they came in on Christmas Day (their day off) to clean the pool and tennis court.
Amazing apartments and much better than Rays (location and value for money)!!

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank candadian_local
Reviewed 4 January 2010

Contrary to other reviews we found the management to be very friendly and accomodating. We stayed for four nights in apartment four and it was lovely. Rooms were great. Location was great.

• Stayed December 2009
Boulder, Colorado
Reviewed 19 November 2009

My wife and I were travelling with another couple and stumbled on this great apartment overlooking the beach and only a few blocks from the center of Byron Bay. We opted for a two bedroom unit on the second floor and found it to be very comfortable. The kitchen was outstanding and the balcony overlooking the beach was a great place for breakfast as well as an evening drink.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with friends
Sydney
Reviewed 10 July 2009

Loved the unit, love Byron. We were there with friends and have stayed many times before. This year - new manamgent. And they are AWFUL. Rude, unaccomodating and know nothing - and i mean NOTHING - about customer service. The unit was not serviced in four days, every request was too hard, even a smile was too hard. That said the staff they employ did their best and we actually felt sorry for them having to work to the husband and wife team who run the place. The apartment owners would not be pleased to know how their managers treat their guests - few will be returning.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with friends
7 Thank julia_davenport
Sydney
Reviewed 3 April 2009

stayed here recently and while the aparment was lovely and very convenient, management was the rudest I have ever experienced - at $1200 for 4 nights I would expect some sort of hospitality. 1. On arrival back late one night, there was a guy loitering around teh front of my apartment - i left it for 5 minutes and he was still there so i went to the patio and asked him if I could help him with something - I was told in no uncertain terms that he was the manager and that I should not be making noise on the patio!!! On the last morning (monday), I was called by the aforementioned gentleman's wife and asked how my checkout was going at 10.15 - i said fine and that I would be done in 30 minutes. I was told: "No, no, no - check out is at 10 - we need the room immediately" - believe me no one would be checking into this place on a monday morning in Byron at this time of year!!! Furthermore, even more amazing given that my apartment had not been serviced during my entire stay (not even fresh towels). On departure, I told them i would wait for my friend to pick me up in the shade (from the downpour) in front of the apartment - Response: "When are your friends coming to pick you up, how long will you be there, you have already delayed your departure" -- never, ever again staying in this place and reccommend that you don't - how people can live in such a beautiful place as Byron and be so rude and unfriendly amazes me.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled solo