“Crowded and noisy place”
Review of Nomads Byron Bay

Nomads Byron Bay
Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

I slept here in a 10 share dorm. If you like a massive, unpersonal and crowded hostel you should go here. A lot of party people, messy kitchen, but the hostel organise a lot of stuff. Big community room, but there a lot of better places to stay in Byron Bay.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RickH1991
Karine B, General Manager at Nomads Byron Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Dear RickH1991,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor of your recent stay at Nomads Byron Bay.

As you suggest we are one of the largest hostels in Byron Bay and we do organise daily activities so our guests have the opportunity to meet others and enjoy their time with us. I can certainly understand that this environment may not suite everyone, so I apologise if your stay was not what you expected it to be.

I hope you enjoy the rest of your travels through Australia.

Reviewed 8 April 2014

Byron Bay is outstanding , and the Nomads Hostel is located in the center of it all , The rooms are small but clean and the staff is on point Ms B does a great Job... and we loved this place ! you enter on a side street but that was not a big deal to us girls , to be sure this is a party Hostel surfers and the like met some great people here lots from south Africa , best place to meet people in Byron ..... I'll be Back

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Great hostel! The location is awesome, right in the middle of Byron Bay, very easy to get to everywhere. It is very modern and has awesome facilities, really good common areas, so great opportunity to meet like minded travellers and make new friends!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 March 2014

I was apprehensive to stay at this Nomads after reading all the other reviews but luckily I did, I had been recommended to stay here by lots of friends. Turns out I had an awesome experience the hostel itself is a great location in the centre of town a short walk to all the surf beaches, pubs and shops. The hostel was definitely a buzzing vibe each night there was an activity organised- activities staff go beyond and above to make you feel welcome which is always a plus if your ever travelling alone. I stayed in a 6 bed dorm which was spacious and tidy. The Kitchen which is located on the first floor was very modern and tidy. I will definitely be recommending this hostel. Thumbs up

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 March 2014

This hostel has a good location and is ideal for single travellers wanting to party hard/hook up. If you're ok with vomit covered hallways and a major cockroach infestation then this hostel is right for you!!

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank 8amn
Karine B, General Manager at Nomads Byron Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

Dear 8amn,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I was obviously disappointed to read your comments, as we do work hard towards a very high standard of cleanliness.

We are a large hostel with more than 280 beds, so as you suggest it is a great place to party and meet up with fellow backpackers. With backpackers enjoying themselves everyday there is no doubt that from time to time, one may over indulge and I apologise if you experienced this. We do have staff working around the clock to monitor and clean the property including the corridors to maintain a pleasant environment for our guests.

In regards to your comments about cockroaches, we do have regular routine pest control treatments to keep the property clean of pests. Byron Bay is a very humid environment at this time of year and as a result cockroaches may fly in any open windows or doors, which is what I believe you would have experienced.

Thank you again for your review.

Reviewed 13 March 2014

I stayed in a 4 bed room for a period of 5 nights. The downstairs bathrooms & lobby gave an unrealistic idea of the standard of the actual rooms. Our room was tiny, with extremely rickety & noisy bunk beds & just enough space to put your bags on the floor. The power points were located alongside one of the beds, which was very inconvenient.

There was one chair outside, so if you wanted to be in the room, you had to sit on the floor. Oh, & our floor had bloodstains all over it.

The showers were filthy, with every single one I used having large chunks of built of dirt in all the corners. I have no idea how they could be thought of as clean. Bring your shower shoes people!

I was fine with it being a "party" hostel as I went out quite a few nights myself, but don't plan on getting in any earlier than 4am as there would be no way you could sleep - there are constantly people shouting in the hall & slamming doors. The only times you could sleep at Nomads are between 5-8am and 1-3pm.

I know it's cheap accommodation people, but know what you are getting yourself into. The bright side of staying there for us is we met some good people (along with a bunch of skeezy people - guys there are all on holiday mode).

• Stayed: March 2014

Dear kj_4444,

Thank you for your detailed review on our backpacker hostel. I must admit I was shocked to read your comments especially about the cleanliness, as we do thoroughly clean all bathroom and shower facilities a couple of times each day.

Additionally, we do not have blood stains on the carpet in any of our rooms, I am aware of the stains you are referring to and they are drink stains from previous guests and we are in the process of replacing the effected carpet.

Being a backpacker hostel we do host an environment for our guests to enjoy themselves, although we do also have staff monitoring the property to enforce noise policies, so I apologise
if you were disturbed in the early hours of the morning.

I was pleased to read that you met some good people and yes, people staying at a backpackers hostel are generally on holidays and therefore in "holiday mode".

Reviewed 9 March 2014

I cannot say I liked this place. The location is very odd, the entrance is from the back street and next to garbage bins which belongs to nextdoor Aldi store, so it smells there very bad all the time. I stayed in a 4dorm, which didn't look like bedroom at all (no shelves or any other furniture than beds), but I heard they also have upgrated rooms with TVs and stuff so hopefully they look better aswell. I would not recommend this place unless you are less than 20 and don't care about where you are staying but you like to drink hectolitres of goon.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Janička K
Karine B, General Manager at Nomads Byron Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

Dear Janicka K,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Nomads Byron Bay and thank you for taking the time to review your experience.

Being located right in the centre of Byron Bay and in close proximity to the beach, I was quite shocked that you did not enjoy our location. We usually get very positive feedback about where the hostel is positioned in contrast to other hostels in town. Although I do understand that everyone's personal preference is different.

As you suggest, we are a backpacker hostel and accommodate young international travelers who are here to have a good time and again I understand that this environment is suitable and appreciated by some and not others.

Once again thank you for your review.